Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Venom Movie Recruiting Writers

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/04/10/venom-spin-off-official-recruits-its-writers/

'Venom' Spin-Off Official, Recruits Its Writers

by Elisabeth Rappe Apr 10th 2009 // 1:02PM

Filed under: Action, Horror, Deals, Sony, Scripts, Newsstand, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels

venom.jpgRemember the Venom spin-off rumors that were slithering around last July? They've now turned into something official. Sony is developing a Venom movie, and they've hired two writers to develop it: Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who have only just left the still-filming Zombieland. The project is in such early stages that we don't have additional details, though more might become clearer once Spider-Man 4 settles down.

However, our Scott Weinberg actually caught up with Reese and Wernick last week and has this to say: "Based only on the half-hour I spent talking movies with the screenwriters, I can say that IF there has to be a Venom movie, then these are the guys who can pull it off. They seem to understand the practical (studio) side of the project, the professional (screenwriter) perspective, and (best of all) the enthusiasm needed to make the movie cooool. They couldn't divulge ANY tidbits at all, sorry! But at this early point, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about Venom."

So, there you have Weinberg's take on the project and you know he'll probably be right. In the interests of keeping things balanced in cinematic geekdom, I shall remain skeptical about the symbiotic spin-off. Admittedly though, my bias may be purely based on how many jerks I know who sport Venom t-shirts.

To be honest i cant see a venom carrying a movie,

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''