Sign in to follow this  
Kite

My idea to save the media industry!!!!

being realistic the media industry is going to hell with the boom in high speed internet home connections, and dvd cloning

personally here is my theory on how to save the film industry

Internet Cinema:

concept: Download full HD (and lower qualites for shitty pc's) cinema movies as soon as the film has been finalised, no set date for summer / winter. fuck opening week sales, just deliver the product in large numbers around the world on demand, wand watch the bank balance rise

this bullshit like star strek being held back for 6 months for a summer release is fraked, i hope theres a god who leaks it just to shit on fat cat companies trying to control everything

after say 7 days: it auto deletes or currupts the file meaning it is unusable, also use special software that prevents uploading or p2p or burning, hell make it stream, charge 15$, and maybe ppl wont go out to look for some poor ilegal guy forced to sell shit bootlegs on the street corner,

the amount of money they spend on art work, distribution channels, physical mediums etc, they could easily affford insaid bandwidth servers to host films

id gladly pay 15$ to watch star trek or terminator in HD. the tighter a grip the more that slips through

examples this could prevent: wolverine: LMAO how many potential millions have they lost

also dark knight: 2 weeks from USA --> euro release, how many illegal downloads . hmmm probably over a million dollars worth per week

i understand flaws like 1 ticket can be 10 viewers, but i honestly think in the age of high speed fatband internet, we need a new model to work with then whas currently being used

anyone have any ideas??

(yes this is pointless)

i hope oneday to work for a company desiging new bussiness stragies to eliminate stupidity so looking at problems like this give me something to think about

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Actually I think that's a pretty good idea, what most companies don't realise (and a lot of normal people too) is that if you don't move with the times you'll go belly up and/or get left behind. So charging a little for a pre-release downloadable video that will frag out and be useless in a few days-while annoying for the average person who may not be able to go and get the DVD right away-would actually be far more profitable in the long run. As well as slightly less annoying for the company itself. IMHO anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

I will be honest when I say that I would pay money to go to the theaters for movies in the genres of Action (and Adventure)/ Sci Fi/ Horror, because you need a big screen most of the times to enjoy it, along with that kinda sound impact. Watching Pirates Of The Carr or a Star Wars or The Dark Knight for example won't have that 'impact' ... it'll sound as flat as an mp3 track sounds versus an original disc (when it comes to death metal).

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

being realistic the media industry is going to hell with the boom in high speed internet home connections, and dvd cloning

personally here is my theory on how to save the film industry

Internet Cinema:

concept: Download full HD (and lower qualites for shitty pc's) cinema movies as soon as the film has been finalised, no set date for summer / winter. fuck opening week sales, just deliver the product in large numbers around the world on demand, wand watch the bank balance rise

this bullshit like star strek being held back for 6 months for a summer release is fraked, i hope theres a god who leaks it just to shit on fat cat companies trying to control everything

after say 7 days: it auto deletes or currupts the file meaning it is unusable, also use special software that prevents uploading or p2p or burning, hell make it stream, charge 15$, and maybe ppl wont go out to look for some poor ilegal guy forced to sell shit bootlegs on the street corner,

the amount of money they spend on art work, distribution channels, physical mediums etc, they could easily affford insaid bandwidth servers to host films

id gladly pay 15$ to watch star trek or terminator in HD. the tighter a grip the more that slips through

examples this could prevent: wolverine: LMAO how many potential millions have they lost

also dark knight: 2 weeks from USA --> euro release, how many illegal downloads . hmmm probably over a million dollars worth per week

i understand flaws like 1 ticket can be 10 viewers, but i honestly think in the age of high speed fatband internet, we need a new model to work with then whas currently being used

anyone have any ideas??

(yes this is pointless)

i hope oneday to work for a company desiging new bussiness stragies to eliminate stupidity so looking at problems like this give me something to think about

Your describing DRM. One of the many things people hate the most on the Internet.

personally I wouldn't watch a movie online if I thought it was worthy of seeing in the theaters. Take the new X-men movie for example. The leak came out but I have no plans of downloading or watching it since it would ruin the whole theater expireance for me. I'm sure some people wouldnt care but theres still a large majority of us that like to go into a theater every once and a while.

Your idea isnt new, we've all been saying this for the past few years now...Infact I think the general media understands that offering up media online is the next step inorder to regain profits. Sites like Joost and Hulu are a perfect example of this. Not to mention all the TV network sites that offer up full length episodes of their tv shows now either. There's also netflix that has their online video database of movies you can watch if you have a paid subscription or Crunchyroll now offering 720p anime episodes as they come out dubbed or subbed for paid users to download and watch whenever they want. Japan obviously knows that this needs to happen in order for their anime companys to survive.

Give it some time and I think you'll start seeing some intresting things happen.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

For someone like me, going to a movie theater is a bitch because its at least a 30 minute drive just to get to the closest theater. Because of my location, I wouldn't mind downloading and paying a couple dollars for a new release and watch it on my computer. I say a couple dollars, because honestly I wouldn't pay $15 for a movie on my computer. Especially if its like a streamed file or a self-corrupting one. To me, that shouldn't cost more than a typical rental. If the price is $5 or less, people will be more motivated to pay for that quality, instead of downloading a crap screener. If they tie a feature like this into a cable box setup like time warner's movies on demand, the entire delivery system will already be in place.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this