Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Full Metal Panic Coming to the Big Screen

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54300

Mandalay Pictures has acquired theatrical rights to and will develop a big-screen version of "Full Metal Panic," a Japanese manga series that blends action, comedy and high school romance, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The property derives from writer Shoji Gatoh's series about a teenage anti-terrorist commando named Sousuke Sagara who is given the mission to protect a high-school girl with mystical powers.

"Panic," which is set in a world almost exclusively without adults, is known for mixing visceral action with wry comedy.

Zac Efron's name has surfaced in connection with "Panic," with the actor holding a conversation on the project, adds the trade. He's also potentially attached to the Warner Bros. adventure Jonny Quest.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

FMP is one of my favorite all time series. If hollywood really makes this into a full live action movie, it'll be one of the first mobile suit movies. O_O

They just better not fuck this up like DBZ.

And yes, there were quite a few adults in Mythril. Thats because they're a mercenary organization. As long as they mix the comedy and action like the series does, it could be very good and have a crap load of action in it. But if they fuck this up, cast it horribly and have it take place in just the school, it could turn to real shit.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

it wont work as a live action

i mean seriously i dont think theres a teenage girl can play the lead properly (cant remember her name)

also a LA: mech based anime (havnt seen one set worth a cinema ticket)

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

FMP is one of my favorite all time series. If hollywood really makes this into a full live action movie, it'll be one of the first mobile suit movies. O_O

They just better not fuck this up like DBZ.

And yes, there were quite a few adults in Mythril. Thats because they're a mercenary organization. As long as they mix the comedy and action like the series does, it could be very good and have a crap load of action in it. But if they fuck this up, cast it horribly and have it take place in just the school, it could turn to real shit.

G-Savior, the pathetic attempt to take Gundam live-action. Watch that and you'll see just how terrible the FMP movie will turn out.

Gah, seriously Hollywood needs to get some originality again. /sigh

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/14695.html

Zac Efron (High School Musical) has been mentioned as a likely choice to play the lead role of an anti-terrorist commando who, because of his youthful appearance, is given the mission of protecting the most popular girl at Jindai High School.

I saw Zac Efron's name mentioned in the first post of this thread, but now that I've read this... I'm disgusted. Zac Efron does not look like an afghanistan or anything like Souske Sagara.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg