Sign in to follow this  
CabbitGirl

photoshop help!! >_<

ok... i take band photos... and i have never run into this problem, but all of a sudden photoshop is acting weird...

so i take the pictures with my digital SLR. They are high resolution... i upload them to the computer and resize them in irfanview... same process as always....

BUT! here's the problem... once i open them in photoshop, they look very pixely and blocky.... but when it is open in irfanview... its completely fine... i editted half of my pictures before i noticed... so i scrapped them all and re-uploaded. anyway, i looked at both at the same time.. (both open in photoshop and irfanview) photoshop picture looked bad, irfanview one looked great.... k so... i edit the picture anyway, close irfanview... save the picture, re-open in irfanview... IT SAVES LOOKING LIKE CRAP.. i even tried restarting my computer to see if that had anything to do with it... same exact thing.. gahh

>_<;;;;;;;; what is going on?!?! has this happened to anyone else before?? i havent done anything different T_T and the band wants their photographs soon :(

here's a screen shot of one of the pictures side by side in each different program:

fuckingshitttttt.jpg

this is soo weirdddd

notice the pixelation in the left picture in the top right hand corner. and it's not there in irfanview...

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

how odd

sounds like the program is going screwy

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't see a difference in pixelation myself. I even copied that image into my PSP and zoomed in, and they look about the same level of pixelation. Can you put that exact photo somewhere and I can check on my PS?

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I see a big difference in the background though ... it's pitch black in Irfan, and cloudy in PhotoB. Wow, I didn't notice this on my PB account though.

Cabbit, what size do you re-size to? I think my camera takes pictures on max size by default, I don't know how to change the setting.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

@ GG: i didnt change the settings in my camera... i resized it from a bigger size to a smaller size after i had uploaded it to my computer. usually pixelation occurs when you go from small to big.

@ dubird: ill upload another tonight when i get out of class... see if i can find a better example.

i might just re-install photoshop. see if it was a random file or filter went corrupt or something...

It could also be your monitor, because the backgrounds look the same to me at work....i didn't get a chance to check at home....and you do get some pixelation going from big to small, but it tends to blur up and isn't as noticable.....

and yeah, could be some PS setting...i know Illustrator randomly resets EVERYTHING sometimes for no reason that i can determine.....*rolls eyes*....

acsig2016.jpg

Weird. Are you saving them as jpg? You could always try saving them in a different extension, maybe a lossless jpg or bmp. It'll save as a bigger file size but at least then you could compare the saved files to see if they look like crap too.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i always save them as .jpg because it makes the file smaller and its easier because everything supports .jpg files. like i said, this hasnt happened before.

i asked eppy to take a look too. and i pointed out where it was pixelating, and he kind of saw it too. he said regular people looking quickly wouldnt see it, and ya, its not that noticable, but i'm not about to put pictures up that i KNOW dont look the way they should.

i went through again to see if it was just my eyes being screwy, but it was still the same thing. i ended up editting some of them in irfanview and had to keep the red eye in most of the pictures because it looked a lot better than the way irfanview editted it :/ bleh. and it isnt my monitor. remember, i had both files open on the screen at the same time. one looked fine, one didnt.

I'm not regular people. *blows a rasberry at Eppy* But again, my monitor at work is rather dark. *shrugs* Plus, it may be because I'm looking at a screenshot and not the actual picture.

It could also be how PS and Ifranview save it, too. I don't know what kind of options Ifranview has, but you can adjust the compression in PS and it'll work better.

acsig2016.jpg

I know what you mean about jpgs. I save everything as jpg too. I was just wondering if you get that same pixelation if you save it in a different format. Maybe photoshop is just messing up on jpgs? Either way you'd probably have to re-install it anyway. It might have corrupt file somewhere.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

save as a png-8 should keep the size small and keep the high quality.

PS. I loaded the above image in CS3 and noticed the pixelization your talking about. Does it look like this when you open the original image?

Some things you might want to check.

1) image>mode whats the bit/channel set too?

2) image>pixel aspect ratio you might want to try resetting to the default settings. Maybe you accidentally messed it up.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

so to revive a dead topic.... i figured out what the problem is......

and it's really silly....

i took pictures just this past weekend of the same band at the same venue. in order to take picture in that venue with my standard lens, i had to us a slower shutter and wider aperture. sooooooooooo....... that meant for some decent, but still not so nice pictures.

but i saw a problem because on the black background of irfanview, i didnt see much of a problem, BUT on the grey background of photoshop, i saw a bunch of problems ^_^;

sooo it's really just my pictures' fault. not the program. lol

but thanks everyone for the helpful hints ^^

Sign in to follow this