Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Metal Gear Solid 3

Is it worth playing? I really liked MGS1, but MSG2 really disappointed me with the plot, (I have a different topic about it). So I turned on MSG3 yesterday and attempted to play it. I only played it for an hour, the constant radio dialogue that seemed completely pointless to me really turned me off from the game. Motion sensors and other devices use battery power and your suppressor for your tranq gun will eventually break. Being in the jungle, where do you get replacement batteries for your devices and does the game continue to drag on with endless radio chatter like in MGS2? I'm just wondering if I should even bother playing this, or will it just piss me off in the end? :\

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Did you get the original one? or the newer version with the adjustable camera? I believe the story is totally worth it. The only part of the game that pissed me off is having to pause and switch camo all the time.

You don't get replacement batteries, you just have to stop using it and it recharges in about 50-60 seconds. Sonar is about the closest you'll get to a Soliton radar. MGS2 is the last you'll ever see of the good ole soliton besides a cameo in MGS4. Enemies drop suppressors and they are generally lying around at times.

The only thing I suggest is using a guide to make sure you don't pass up the thermal goggles, or you'll be fucked against The Fear. Or search every corner of buildings you go inside.

If you ever plan on playing 4, you'll have to play three or you'll be lost. It really is a good game. I can't recall long radio discussions like in MGS2, but there may be a few lengthy ones.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Ah, so they recharge. :doh: The camo system was annoying me right off the bat. I have to keep pausing the game and going into a menu to change his outfit constantly. And the fact that his face camo is different from his body doesn't help either, its just one more thing to change along with the outfit repeatedly. :\ I think I'll give the game a try again this weekend to see how it pans out for me.

rotflmao. I fell right off a cliff 5 mins into actually testing out his movements because the camera didn't show the edge. X'D "Snake is Dead" I was dissapointed I didn't hear Otokon shouting his name. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg