Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Get off Phelps back

1st of all the media needs to get it right. He wasn't smoking a pipe it was a bong! Get yer instruments straight retards and stop pretending you don't know the difference between a pipe and a bong. I know you went to college too.

So he smoked some weed. oooooooooh

big fuckin deal.

how many gold medals did this fucker win for the USA?

Get off Phelps back. He's human too for fucks sake.

:smoke2:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think the media draws into anything a celebrity does. In a way, this is expected. Miley made a goofy face where she kinda squinted her eyes, and the media lashed her by saying she was insulting a certain ethnicity. I think Phelps should've been careful, irrespective.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

He lost his contract with Kellogg's cereal. They claim "he's doesn't fit their image".

Personally I think it was blown waaaaaay out of proportion. Now that the elections are over with the media is just trying to scrape together whatever they can find so they can keep their jobs.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think it is a big deal at some level and those sponsors like Kellogs has a right to drop him for their money and image, which targets young children and young atheletes I suppose. I always wondered if he used some kind of illegal stimulants to cheat to win those Olympic medals, just like Marion Jones who was caught years later and had to forfeit her gold medals and went to jail. I'd say it is only a matter of time before Phelps gets caught red handed since they still have his blood samples that can't be detected yet. Plus he is a millionaire and set for life so it's not like he lost everything and my sympathy doesn't reach that high.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

weed....helps you perform Olympic level sports eh slippers?...but yeah its blown way out of proportion...media is jsut having a dry spell

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

lol if he loses his medals for "possibly" doing weed while competing in the Olympics then they might as well punish anyone drinking sugary drinks. You know, Sugar gives you a slight boost in energy thus a possible slight advantage ;P.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

He smoked pot in November, right? I don't know where you get the indication that he smoked pot during the Summer. Marion Jones went to jail for steroids and lying about it. I'm saying if Michael Phelps "breaks the law" by smoking pot, then I'm not surprised that he may have used some kind of illegal stimulants to cheat that weren't detected and that's why it takes years to catch them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but penality for smuggling drugs or selling drugs in China is punishable by death or heavy jail time, if he indeed use something during his competition.

It's not like he was doing rails off some stripper in a gay night club or shacking up with a hooker like the senators and govenors like to do.

IT"S POT PEOPLE! Have you ever heard of a pot related crime? Maybe someone stealing some munchies from a circle K but not beating the hell out of someone or wrapping a car around a tree.

Remember:Pot is a plant that grows in the ground. Now, If you should happen to ACCIDENTLY catch it on fire..it might have some pleasant effects.

Seriously..leave the guy alone.:pipe:

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

huh? :dizzy:

i have no idea what you are talking about...stop changing words in my posts! :sweat2:

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

pot is a performance drug? X'D No I don't think so. Well, maybe if yer Stephen King :P

Kellogs... "Every one of your products sounds like a wish a genie granted at a Phish concert"

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Seriously, that's why I mentioned Marion Jones, who used STEROIDS that took years to detect. I guess you guys don't even know who she is. 5 other American Olympians were caught in 2008 and stripped of their 2004 medals and I guess that's just a myth too. Show me where I said pot is a performance drug, please. It doesn't take YEARS to get caught. If Phelps don't have self control, he'll take anything to either enjoy or win to cheat and I'm sure he has. Why not allow alcohol to Olympians while they compete so they can relax from the stress since it doesn't help the performance either.

Anyway, never come between pot users and their celebrities I'd say. Pfft.

lmao she's a human! X'D

phelps has a prior dwi too when he was 19

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Seriously, that's why I mentioned Marion Jones, who used STEROIDS that took years to detect. I guess you guys don't even know who she is. 5 other American Olympians were caught in 2008 and stripped of their 2004 medals and I guess that's just a myth too. Show me where I said pot is a performance drug, please. It doesn't take YEARS to get caught. If Phelps don't have self control, he'll take anything to either enjoy or win to cheat and I'm sure he has. Why not allow alcohol to Olympians while they compete so they can relax from the stress since it doesn't help the performance either.

Anyway, never come between pot users and their celebrities I'd say. Pfft.

Just because a dude smoked pot doesn't mean he juiced up on roids. Everyone is picking at you because of you terrible association of the two. When Marion Jones did it, testing was not what it was today, and HGH was relatively unknown. This is when the Baseball fiasco was happening as well.

Testing is highly advanced today, and it does not take years to find out. It days a day if that long. Every simmer was tested every day and before every EVENT. He isn't some clever smuggler that stuffed roids in his shoe like a terrorits. He never tested positive and he never will. bank on it.

If you are so concerned about the fairness of the Olympics we might as well force everyone to give their medals back from 1950 to the earily 80s, because they were all using steroids, especially in the 70s.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

You would be right if atheletes don't find a new way to cheat. I mean, why upgrade the steroid detection anymore now that there is no way to cheat on steroids? That's like saying we don't need to upgrade antivirus systems because we are already advanced as it is. People will always come up with a new way to cheat and I'm suspicious that pot smoking alcoholic like Phelps isn't innocent. It'll take years but I'm sure Phelps will get caught.

Picking on me? No, because I never said the pot was a stimulant. I used the plural some kind of illegal stimulants. And I hope Phelps goes to jail like rest of others who do get caught. I'm also sick of celebrities getting slap in the wrist when they commit crimes. Was Phelps dumb for smoking pot? Yea, pretty much.

They didn't go to jail because they used. They went to jail because they lied under oath. You can't go to jail for using HGH because it isn't illegal outside of competitive sports. If you're talking about the weed, he has to be caught with possession, a picture isn't enough even for the common joe blow.

No one is saying you said Pot was a stimulant, its the fact that you are saying just because he smokes pot, he obviously uses performance enhancing drugs. I will quote it for you if you wish.

I really don't understand your bitterness towards Phelps which you have displayed since the US beat the French in the relay. Bringing up the Chinese death penalty is a bit extreme non the less. If Phelps is using a new simulate its unlikely he will be punished, the new "upgrade" won't be on the list of banned substances, meaning by the book he didn't cheat. All they will be able to do is add it to the list. That's why Mark McGuire never got in trouble, HGH wasn't illegal when he broke the home run record.

the law is the law, we cant decide what ones we follow and not and not expect a recoil.

pot is illegal, reguardless of peoples personal view on it.

im with slippers. kellogs should drop his ass.

i would not buy my kid something thats spokesman / mascot what ever isnt a perfect role model to the n'th degree

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

the law is the law, we cant decide what ones we follow and not and not expect a recoil.

pot is illegal, reguardless of peoples personal view on it.

im with slippers. kellogs should drop his ass.

i would not buy my kid something thats spokesman / mascot what ever isnt a perfect role model to the n'th degree

Kellogs dropped him before this topic was ever created....

They didn't go to jail because they used. They went to jail because they lied under oath. You can't go to jail for using HGH because it isn't illegal outside of competitive sports.
Marion Jones went to jail for steroids and lying about it.

Obviously I was talking about the pot.

------------------------------

If you're talking about the weed, he has to be caught with possession, a picture isn't enough even for the common joe blow.

Phelps admitted and apologized for it and the picture to prove it to the public. They have a good case I'm sure if he is charged. You can claim that he was just posing for the picture if you like but the fact is he smoked pot and told the entire world that he did. Can the average Joe has that kind of luxury? No way.

--------------------------

No one is saying you said Pot was a stimulant.

So they were using "sarcasm" that pot was a stimulant drug? Lol. I'll go along with that as silly as that sound. They said strider said it so.

its the fact that you are saying just because he smokes pot, he obviously uses performance enhancing drugs.

That's exactly what I've said. You are the only one with the problem with what I've actually said. I don't mind them disagreeing w/me but them twisting my words wasn't gonna cut it.

-------------------------

I really don't understand your bitterness towards Phelps which you have displayed since the US beat the French in the relay. Bringing up the Chinese death penalty is a bit extreme non the less. If Phelps is using a new simulate its unlikely he will be punished, the new "upgrade" won't be on the list of banned substances, meaning by the book he didn't cheat. All they will be able to do is add it to the list. That's why Mark McGuire never got in trouble, HGH wasn't illegal when he broke the home run record.

LOL I was gonna ask you about the samething. I don't understand your love for Phelps, including other people here. If he was an average Joe, no one would care, except I hate people who drink and drive without thinking consequences like ending up killing someone and then commit more crimes as "minor" as smoking pot with college students. Will you still defend that average Joe? Why the star-struck? What did he do for you personally and what does the US beating France has anything to do with me? Is it surprising for me that many American atheletes cheat and concluding that Phelps might have or did cheat because of his resume of DUI and smoking pot? It's only logical to be suspicious and thinking so. What is illogical is your thinking that "he will never be positive (for drugs)" just because he is famous. He deserves to go to jail for the slap on the wrist for his DUI charge for one and smoking pot and getting caught. People like you and me go to jail for this without mercy.

Obviously I was talking about the pot.

------------------------------

Phelps admitted and apologized for it and the picture to prove it to the public. They have a good case I'm sure if he is charged. You can claim that he was just posing for the picture if you like but the fact is he smoked pot and told the entire world that he did. Can the average Joe has that kind of luxury? No way.

--------------------------

So they were using "sarcasm" that pot was a stimulant drug? Lol. I'll go along with that as silly as that sound. They said strider said it so.

That's exactly what I've said. You are the only one with the problem with what I've actually said. I don't mind them disagreeing w/me but them twisting my words wasn't gonna cut it.

-------------------------

LOL I was gonna ask you about the samething. I don't understand your love for Phelps, including other people here. If he was an average Joe, no one would care, except I hate people who drink and drive without thinking consequences like ending up killing someone and then commit more crimes as "minor" as smoking pot with college students. Will you still defend that average Joe? Why the star-struck? What did he do for you personally and what does the US beating France has anything to do with me? Is it surprising for me that many American atheletes cheat and concluding that Phelps might have or did cheat because of his resume of DUI and smoking pot? It's only logical to be suspicious and thinking so. What is illogical is your thinking that "he will never be positive (for drugs)" just because he is famous. He deserves to go to jail for the slap on the wrist for his DUI charge for one and smoking pot and getting caught. People like you and me go to jail for this without mercy.

Talk about "twisting words" I really don't have much love for Phelps. He was a person of the moment. I cheered for anyone that performed for the USA. I actually support my country unlike many people that live here. It seems unheard of these days.

Yes that's exactly what they were using sarcasm to do. I never twisted your words, you have a disconnected association. Getting high and cheating in a sport are two different things. Its basically the same as me accusing the 103 lbs guy of juicing because he has a joint in his mouth, or accusing A-Rod of being a pot head because he did roids. Have people done them both? Probably. But you have no proof he has done such. They are two differen't drugs, one which has no physical addiction. Druggies do other drugs to find new highs, none of these people do HGH for a high, because it won't give them one. If Phelps used HGH it would have little to do with him smoking weed.

I guess its impossible for anyone do win 8 gold medals without cheating. Public preception had been marred by this. If anyone does good they are obviously cheating. I didn't give half the props to Phelps that you gave in negativity to the US. Yes American athletes have cheated. So have other nations, and they all still do it just as much. It would be pretty naive to disagree.

Maybe you misunderstand the justice system. I'm not defending him, I'm just stating reality. A picture of anyone smoking pot is not a case. 4,000 pictures of someone smoking pot is not a case. Why? You can't prove its actually pot. Why do you think people post pictures of themselves all over the net with their bongs. The only thing a picture gives you is maybe a warrant to search his place. You can't arrest someone because there is a picture of them smoking pot, just like you don't get arrested for failing a pee test for a job. You can say you smoked pot... you cant be arrested for that either. Why? Because you have to possess it or be caught in the act of selling it. On top of that, small possession rarely warrants jail time. Unless you are a drug trafficer, you'll get probation, community service, and might have to attend some classes upon your first offense. I'm not talking about Phelps, I'm talking about normal every day people. The law varies by state, but for a first offense they are pretty much the same.

Lastly, They said nothing. Eppy typoed Strider's name, and then corrected it after I poked fun at him about it. :P If you still don't believe me that's fine. I have no intentions of twisting your words my friend.

EDIT: On a personal note. I drink, and have almost had a DUI. I've never smoked any type of plant or substance in my life, nor will I ever. Along with HGH and Weed. Alcohol is something entirely different. It doesn't lead to anything else but maybe Alcoholism and Consumption... It also prevents heart disease and stroke. X'D Despite what people may believe, Drinking does not lead to smoking, and vice versa.

I was pickin on Stephen King cuz he used to be a real waste case, guy drank nyquil to get high. He wrote some of his best works IMO before he got sober. Pot might enhance creative performance but its not gonna help ya out physically like roids. I only know 1 person that smokes and can still jog X'D

I'd be bummed if any of the medalists got busted taking junk shit, they should just be awesome as they are, a trained and conditioned competitor.

I tend to be more offended by his drinking underage and then getting caught driving drunk >.< Drunk driving is a lot more dangerous to yourself and others then rippin a bong hit at a college party >.<

Alas he's still a kid he'll outgrow it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's only going around in circle, DX. We are both saying the samething yet opposite means to each other by saying - "don't be too naive to believe famous atheletes don't to drugs," and "don't be too cynical that everyone does it." You have no proof that Phelps uses other drugs either so you can't tell me that I shouldn't say such and then turn around and say he will never be found positive of drugs.

And while you are busy dissecting the difference between cheating and getting high, you forgot that there are rules and regulations placed in both here and sports world. By displaying disrespect to these rules and regulations here in reality and doing so blatantly, it is only suspicious that he'll do the same to the sports he is in, wheather he is good at hiding or getting help from his supporters or even bribes. The USA Swimming banned him for 3 months and one of his sponsors dropped him. That's there part of punishing him. And I hope he sure gets it in the world where people worship the rich, the famous, and celebrities.

And I believe he deserves to go to jail especially because he smoked pot with college students which he was not part of that University. The picture proved that he was smoking pot because he admitted it. Did he have a possession and brought to a party? Did he share with others including minors? Can there be more charges that he can face in the future if the patter continues? Probably.

I can't read other people's minds especially on internet and that was really bad sarcasm if I ever saw one by others about weed is a stimulant. I've never said it, and I never accused you of twisting my words or what your intentions were by doing so in this thread.

The one thing bothered me about your post was that you don't have to cheer for your team to be a patriotic. But then again I think we've already discussed about Americans' priority and interests of Superbowl and Olympics in America some time ago.

Sign in to follow this