Sign in to follow this  
slippers

What's your take on this?

There is this girl in my Chinese class. She talks to others but not me, usually talks to girls in class though. Vise versa I talk to other guys but not her. Generally we don't talk much to others because there isn't much time anyway, just talking about our homework and whatnot. She keeps her distance away from me but not totally.

She looks at me at least once every class period, whether she has to turn around or turn her head to the right or left whatever.

One time she stared at me for the whole 3-5 secs and I pretended I didn't notice her. She had been sitting one seat away from me to the left side. She played with her hair and stuff, but not always. We sat on the same table and no one sits behind us. We were sitting on the 3rd role table. Then all of sudden last week she sat one more seat away from me to the left and I was like hmm did I annoy her somehow? Do I smell? Then this Monday she sat on the 2nd role table because my Prof's supervisor took my seat, but she still turned around and looked towards me when my name was called, and I haven't noticed her doing that to other people who sits on the back that day other than group activities where we had to speak Chinese dialogue to each other as the Prof calls on you. But we weren't dialoging. She didn't have to turn around but she did just like many other times.

Today she took my seat (where superviosor was seating) so I sat behind her on the 4th role table. And something unexpected happen. She took one of her shoes off and starts rubbing her feet, showing some skin (socks half way off). She sat kinda crooked so I had a full view of her half naked feat. I don't have a foot fetish btw but WOW. haha. That was hot. Anyway I almost burst out laughing because one of her socks had those cute animal patterns on it which I thought was so cute. And she turned around yet again when my name was called. Again we weren't dialoging and she didn't have to turn around.

But she never sits next to me and she puts a bag over to her next seat so no one could seat near her. Only time she sat near to someone was to some guy because of that supervisor taking my seat but I haven't noticed her playing with her hair nor taking her shoes off while she sat in the 2nd role table. She could have sat next to him today but she didn't. BUT she didn't play with her hair today. She kinda tucked her hair to her front.

What do you make out of this? I would gladly seat somewhere else if I'm somehow repulsive to her (she never made a face with disgust although I look away when she does that because she is making me uncomfortable) or if she just want to be friendly and talk to me and stuff I have no problem with doing that either.

Oh, I have to mention this. On the first day of class, I sat on the 3rd role table where I've been sitting the whole time until last week, and she sat on the 4th role table where I'm sitting now but only for one day cause she sat on my left side one seat away from me on the 3rd role table until like last week or so.

So what do you think of this? Am I just thinking too much about nothing? Maybe she just had a sore foot.

Edited by slippers

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

You may be thinking too much. Just talk to her. Maybe she is trying to get your attention, maybe its nothing.

Girls play mind games, you cant really put much into anything they do. On the same note, very few women are aggressive if they are interested in someone. I assume you find her attractive and are somewhat infatuated with her? At the very least just say hey to her when you see her. If you haven't spoken to each other that's the best way to start things up.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think she is tryhing to get your attention and is too shy to say anything to you. You should say hello, or give her a little wave the next time you see her staring at you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Suqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hot girl in class with ya, slippers?! Go for it, talk to her, random topics like the professors or classes or movies, and such.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

ask her a random homework question to start a conversation

it should be obvious pretty quick if shes interested

you sly dog :lick:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

maybe she's just nervous. it could be one of 2 things... she wants to talk to you and doesn't know how to start a conversation and doesn't want to make it obvious, OR, she doesn't want to seem like she wants to talk to you and keeps moving her seat away from you so she makes you think she's not interested.

with the constant staring, though, i believe she may want to talk to you :sway: you've sparked her interest somehow, but she doesn't want to seem like a creep by just randomly coming up and talking to you. i say just casually sit a few seats near her and start a conversation based on homework that was assigned. keep us posted! ^_^

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

I don't wanna talk about my homework. I don't wanna make myself look dumb. LOL. But I do remember now why she started to sit away from me. We had a dialogue once and I couldn't remember her Chinese name (we were all given or choose Chinese name based on whatever fits our name) even after I asked her what it was as a part of dialogue. But I don't know that has anything to do with it.

OR, she doesn't want to seem like she wants to talk to you and keeps moving her seat away from you so she makes you think she's not interested.

How's that make me want to talk to her though lol. I often take my glasses off during class because I'm still not use to it, even though I had it for a decade, unless I have to look at the notes from the projector or whatever, and I don't like to wear it so sometimes I can't tell exactly what is going on in front of me. And when she is looking (turn around to look towards me, with me glasses on or not), that's when I look away from her (she sits in front of me so I have nowhere else to look but to turn my head to side, like I don't know what she is up to and making me feel uncomfortable) and that's when she looks away also.

but she doesn't want to seem like a creep by just randomly coming up and talking to you.

She's doing a pretty good job of weirding me out. I don't know. It just became so awkward for me to talk to her now. It's all up to her if she wants to start conversation. That's my take on it at least.

Sometimes my friend, you just gotta look dumb for a girl. LOL

If she sits in front of you and makes an effort to turn around to look your way, just look back at her. Don't look away. Give her a grin or something. Don't stare her down or anything, just a small grin and go back to whatever you were focusing on. Looking away is a signal that you were watching her and now you are caught! You have to take command of the situation and look her dead in the eye. Make her be the one that looks away. DOMINANCE is the key good sir. Non-verbal communication is subtly a huge factor in attraction.

If she turns around, and looks back, smirk with an eye brow raise kinda look ;) ... naah naah, just look back, and do what DX said. I suck at things like this :P

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Could mean any number of things.

1) She feels threatened by you and wants to keep an eye on what your doing.

2) Has a habit of turning around and looking at you. (I had a habit of turning around in one of my classes because my friend would always blow air on my back lol).

3) She may like you like everyone else has suggested.

4) She thinks you look like someone she knows but is to scared to ask you. I knew a girl in college that was like this. She thought I looked like a friend from her town but was to scared to ask. It wasn't till we where grouped together that she finally asked. She didn't "like me like me" she was just really shy with people she didn't know....just like me lol.

If you like her then heres a few things you can do to tell if she likes you.

1) Next time she turns around for a 2-5 second stare off, wink at her and smile or giggle a bit to your self. If she smiles or laughs a little too then that's a good indicator that she likes you or at least finds your winking funny. Once you confirm that, then just move closer to her and introduce your self or start small talk.

2) Sit in front of her one day. Turn around and look at her like what shes been doing to you. Lock your eyes with hers for a good 6-7 seconds. If she looks annoyed, pissed

off, or puts her hands up in a gesture like "Why are you looking at me?", then it's all just a misunderstanding on your part. WARNING: this could potentially make her think of you as a weird person just as how you think she's weird for doing it to you every day lol.

3) You could also try sitting next to her. You said she puts her bag up in a way to keep kids from sitting next to her. Try sitting down, if she pulls her bag out of the way and smiles then shes either being nice or she likes you. If she leaves her bag there and looks mad or annoyed then she doesn't.

If you do get to sit next to her or near her, try making small talk. "Hi", "blaa this class is boring today", "that lecture was pretty good", "hey I like your shirt". If she looks interested in what your saying then drop some hints you like her. This way if she's not into you, she wont label you as just a friend later on.

Either way if it bothers you that much you can only push forward. If you don't then you will never get beyond eye contact.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

If you are worried about smelling

300.JPG

Axe is man's best friend. These silver cans are more subtle than the original scents, but Bergamont is really the only fragrance worth a damn out of the 3.

Touch, Vice, and Dark Temptation are good original fragrances too. I've gotten complements from using them several times. ;)

200.jpg

axe_vice_2.jpg

axe_dark_temptation_flakon.png

^ She didn't care about her foot might smell so I don't think that was totally my fault for worrying haha. But thanks for the pointers. I'll keep those in mind when I go to groceries next time.

Looking away is a signal that you were watching her and now you are caught!

Woah I never thought of it that way. I do remember sometime ago hearing other girls talking about a dude who turns away when she looks at him and she was pretty ticked about it. Man, I should be careful.

If she turns around, and looks back, smirk with an eye brow raise kinda look ;) ... naah naah, just look back, and do what DX said. I suck at things like this :P

Oh, come on. Weren't you engaged once? Lol. Of course you know how to charm a lady. haha.

Could mean any number of things.

1) She feels threatened by you and wants to keep an eye on what your doing.

You raised a good point also. I don't think I've done anything suspicious or harmful but reading what you guys have written, I may have offended her in some way. I'm leaning towards that #1 option more than anything.

I'll try to try some of the methods you mentioned but it's only been 3 - 4 weeks and I don't wanna creep her out too soon using her own methods lol. Maybe little more down the road I'll try other options that you have mentioned. Very thorough in other scenarios and I appreciate that.

Due to other exam that I have to take tomorrow (Fri), and I really have to study in the morning and I'm already tired, I'll might skip Chinese class tomorrow. I've been planning that since wanting to know how she would react me being gone for a day and how that will affect her. I know it's a pretty weak strategy but if she really wanted me there she might be more open to me.

its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated yo

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

My bad GG, I thought you were. O_O;

I've been thinking about this again and I thought if she felt comfortable enough to take her shoes and socks off and rub her feet in front of me, that means she doesn't feel threatened by me. But at the same time it could mean that she doesn't care about what I think of her, but I still can't say why she keeps her distance yet looks at me if she doesn't care what I think of her. She isn't looking at the clock behind me, she looks at me when she doesn't have to. She goes on her way out to look at me everyday at least once and it's confusing. Oh, and very importantly she doesn't dress up for class to impress anyone. She wears a same jacket almost everytime I see her.

I'll might wear a tight shirt tomorrow to show some skin (Don't worry, I know I look ridiculous in it) just to see her reaction, and I'll might sit on the 1st role of the table since I'm stuck on the 4th role table at this time. If I end up sitting behind her again, I'm just gonna stare her back like some of you guys proposed to do, with an annoyed face or something. If she sits somewhere else (I'm always like 10 mins late to class), then it's a sign most likely that it was nothing, although being absent for that Friday might gave her the wrong sign that I'm not interested in her because she showed her barefoot.

LOL. Man you're over analyzing everything. Relax. Don't make an annoyed face. Grin, hell throw in a playful wink and just go back to what you were looking at, whether it is a paper on the table, or the instructor talking. See how she reacts to that. If she's not interested things will probably go about as usual, if she is, she may come and talk to you if you keep it up.

Making an annoyed face is gonna give her the impression you're disgusted with her.

LOL. Man you're over analyzing everything.

so true,

my advice, forget every thing so far, and after class talk to her about random shit.

if she dismisses all forms of conversation with one word answers, well it is as it is, and just ignor her from then on.

if she is shy, then work with that, ^^

if shes talkative, well dont shy up and go with the flow then

but it is way better to contront and get it out the way,

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

It could also be that she thinks your looking at her. She turns to see if your looking at her and as she's turning you look at her making it seem like you've been staring at her.

She could be in the same boat as you right now trying to figure out why you're looking at her everyday in class.

sig.php

^ Thanks guys again. I'm just gonna ignore this situation as much as I can since I'm leaning towards this is really nothing as well. I'll probably know for sure tomorrow.

It could also be that she thinks your looking at her. She turns to see if your looking at her and as she's turning you look at her making it seem like you've been staring at her.

She could be in the same boat as you right now trying to figure out why you're looking at her everyday in class.

I would seriously hate that if that were true because I have no choice but to look front. I hope reasonable girls would understand that at least that people don't always stare at others for no reason. Maybe I could sit in front and avoid that kind of situation. She's the one who was staring at me when she was sitting besides me 1 or 2 seats away to the left on the same table. If she still thinks I was starring at her back then and now, then I have no clue why she feels threatened.

Err well this really has nothing to do with it but I also have to mention that a girl around 2 weeks ago was sexually assaulted by her classmate at the campus parking lot. I overheard other classmates talking. Anyway He got caught and I'm sure some girls can be little paranoid now. I hope she doesn't think I'm some kinda monster though. -_-

^ Thanks guys again. I'm just gonna ignore this situation as much as I can since I'm leaning towards this is really nothing as well. I'll probably know for sure tomorrow.

I would seriously hate that if that were true because I have no choice but to look front. I hope reasonable girls would understand that at least that people don't always stare at others for no reason. Maybe I could sit in front and avoid that kind of situation. She's the one who was staring at me when she was sitting besides me 1 or 2 seats away to the left on the same table. If she still thinks I was starring at her back then and now, then I have no clue why she feels threatened.

Err well this really has nothing to do with it but I also have to mention that a girl around 2 weeks ago was sexually assaulted by her classmate at the campus parking lot. I overheard other classmates talking. Anyway He got caught and I'm sure some girls can be little paranoid now. I hope she doesn't think I'm some kinda monster though. -_-

Try not to look at her for a week lol. I DARE YOU TO! Then come Monday I bet she'll be trying to make eye sex with you XD. She'll be begging you to undress her with your eyes haha.

sig.php

Try not to look at her for a week lol. I DARE YOU TO! Then come Monday I bet she'll be trying to make eye sex with you XD. She'll be begging you to undress her with your eyes haha.

ARRRGGG..I think she reads here. She sat on front the 1st role table when I was going to do that today. X'd

Lol it was funny because today I buried my head and only tried to look at books and notes. But I did notice she turns her head towards the guy who she once sat next to. In fact, she turned her head towards him about 5 times, which she never did that many. Now that I think of it, when she moved one seat away from me, it could mean that she was trying to sit behind that guy. I'm not sure. But then she could've choose to sit near to him today but she didn't. Five sits away diagonally actually. She also turned back towards me but I had a guy sitting in front of me so I used him as a shield.

I did peek at her carefully and that was when she was just finished eating her banana and I was like..damn I missed it.

With some odd reason, we have never gotten a chance to talk. And like I said, I'm always late to class - and leave class either early or late depends on my mood. There is other group activity where more than 3 or 4 people gather to do Chinese lesson, but we never meet even when the Prof lumps us together.

She sat on the front sit like I said but that sit was usually empty and that's where the assigning sheet usually was. When I walked to that class and walked towards it, I saw her and I was like nooo my plan is ruined. Anyway it took awhile to search for the assigning sheet because she shoved it aside. Either she tought I was a creep or she might have stared. Did she plan this? Is she always one step ahead of me?

But I'm starting to see a connection between her and that guy she sat next to. My observation is that she doesn't mind talking to him, and she didn't mind sitting next to him, even though for only one time. She looked at him more than couple times today which was unprecedented and I think now that she likes him while doesn't mind looking at others as well.

I'll just pretend I figured this one out and move on. But why does she move her seats so much? If she sit next to the guy she likes on his left side, she doesn't have to worry about me looking at her because that would be the way other side where I can't see her. Bah whatever.

I'll post anything interesting happening other than confusion. I doubt it'll change.

Sign in to follow this