Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

Obama Signs order reversing abortion funds policy

Obama signs order reversing abortion-funds policy

By LIZ SIDOTI and MATTHEW LEE, Associated Press Writers Liz Sidoti And Matthew Lee, Associated Press Writers – 20 mins ago

Featured Topics:

videolthumb.a48d5ace72b4d4f1501319711185ca26.jpg?x=213&y=160&xc=1&yc=1&wc=399&hc=300&q=100&sig=zEvPliNjlsO8LFl3qlco2Q-- Play Video AP – Raw video: Obama's trip to WH Press Room

videolthumb.e6f0da925a2837086c50107d2106ed76.jpg?x=50&y=50&xc=38&yc=1&wc=146&hc=146&q=100&sig=6yX0XG3WyQZwyffOFnX0Xg-- Play Video Video: Obama Signs Order to Shut Gitmo ABC News

capt.880c4c852ee442849be18c85bdb4e0af.obama_whcd102.jpg?x=213&y=141&xc=2&yc=1&wc=408&hc=270&q=100&sig=cfQV5ergx4dLG.0iyeNHmA--

AP – President Barack Obama speaks to reporters during his meeting with Democratic and Republican leaders, …

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has signed an executive order ending the ban on federal funds for international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president. Known as the "Mexico City policy," the ban has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since GOP President Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. Democrat Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but Republican George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office.

Obama signed it quietly, without coverage by the media, late on Friday afternoon, a contrast to the midday signings with fanfare of executive orders on other subjects earlier in the week.

Ok, Could some one maybe explain what exactly this means? I heard a rumor that Obama wanted to reverse the ban on partial birth abortions allowing women to go and get them. So, does this order have anything to do with that? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

what this means is the family planning types of organizations that get govt funding may once again offer abortion education and services without having their funding pulled.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwww!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

that's basically how you help the economy by lowering the birth rate, especially if it's unwanted. More people = more mouthes to feed on a tight pay check = less things able to buy = more people out of the job because their buisness isn't doing well and can't play the empoyees = well you obviously see where this is going

Porbably just kill all the people who can't help themselves like people in comas for more than a year and donate their organs to people who need it. Viola! Another issue solved *nods nods*

that's basically how you help the economy by lowering the birth rate, especially if it's unwanted. More people = more mouths to feed on a tight pay check = less things able to buy = more people out of the job because their business isn't doing well and can't play the employees = well you obviously see where this is going

Probably just kill all the people who can't help themselves like people in comas for more than a year and donate their organs to people who need it. Viola! Another issue solved *nods nods*

:huh:

... As fun as murder sounds... I'm not sure killing people in comas is a good idea...

The whole country is at a point where it has to reinvent itself... Besides... Less people = less products being sold = more stores going out of business as they don't get enough shoppers = less jobs = ... well basically where you were going.

With the way inflation keeps going maybe we'll go the way Japan is going... the majority of people stop having kids & there comes a point in time where there is more old people then young people...

But back to the issue of abortion I think it's good that abortion remain a women only choice.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

by um.....oh idk DESTROYING my idea and taking it and twisting it around you're basically saying there's no way to fix any issue. Negitivity always infests something and twists the positive prospective around thus creating no solution

less people = more jobs = more money = greed & gluttony = more money for buisnesses = constant raise in jobs and higher minimum wage = population rise = stable economy for a life time before some stupid person comes along and destroys it

there happy? threw some negative in with the positive there's no way of winning, might as well move into the forest and live off plants and die a painful diseased death from the lack of sanitation and medication and poor diet! Okay thanks for destroying my life that i set up for myself now that there's no way of getting better I think i'll just except the fact that i wont live to see 30!

*fluffs* this is why i dont like politics, always makes me agressive in some way ._. or enraged or something *-*

:eyetwitch:

I really don't think abortion is going to fix or destroy our economy. There are still too many bitches popping out kids like pez

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

im glad persoanallym

it should be a womens right to chose

but: i think you should get a significantly reduced window to have the option,

(7 weeks she was a sausage shape tissue / cells, at 13 weeks i saw my daughters hands and fingers move)

imagine 24 weeks

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

by um.....oh idk DESTROYING my idea and taking it and twisting it around you're basically saying there's no way to fix any issue. Negativity always infests something and twists the positive prospective around thus creating no solution

less people = more jobs = more money = greed & gluttony = more money for businesses = constant raise in jobs and higher minimum wage = population rise = stable economy for a life time before some stupid person comes along and destroys it

there happy? threw some negative in with the positive there's no way of winning, might as well move into the forest and live off plants and die a painful diseased death from the lack of sanitation and medication and poor diet! Okay thanks for destroying my life that i set up for myself now that there's no way of getting better I think I'll just except the fact that i wont live to see 30!

*fluffs* this is why i don't like politics, always makes me aggressive in some way ._. or enraged or something *-*

:calm:

I just thought it was me making people enraged... People are just taking my posts too serious...

But the other problems with the lack of jobs has come from exporting jobs, blue collar jobs being replaced by machines, & illegal immigrants working in this country. I don't know how true the last one is as I have never met anyone who has lost a job to someone who can't speak English.

More money does not mean better minimum wage. Minimum wage is set by the state. And when inflation goes up minimum wage may barely follow. Minimum wage only exist to destroy unionizing by people who get the short end of the stick. So someone can come along & say you're in the wrong because it's legal for your boss to pay you poorly. And the gap between the rich & the minimum wage gets larger. If it were up to me minimum wage would be set at 51% on what the highest paid person in the business makes in a day.

I agree with LW on the Pez thing.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

1. Myk JL you should pick your words more carefully and maybe people wouldn't get upset about it. Because the fact that you don't know that i'm the type of person to get mad at a BOOK so yeah....words careful

2. My point that i was TRYING to make that none of you caught was population does affect economy. But everyone over looked that connection to abortion and jumped on me and my ideas, which is my way of contributing. Maybe that wasn't phrased right but that's just how I feel I could say the same thing to a group of people and get jumped on

3. When you raise minimum raise price of CERTAIN luxuries go up there's no win win

i just give up. I'm going back in the closet literally and live in there until i think the situation is livable i just hate politics and i'm no longer posting my opinions on them and stick to the little topics to post on

k thanks

there are over 6 billion people on the planet

1% of the population owns 40% of wealth

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this