Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Your favorite wines

We live in wine country near central ny and we've been to quite a few local wineries and damn some of their wine is good! :drool: Of course the liquor store has a nice variety of out of state wines too. Just the other weekend our friend John came over with a bottle of RELAX Riesling. Such a good wine, not like any other riesling I've ever tried. Goosewatch winery makes a really good Pear wine, but I think thats a special order bottle, because I haven't seen a single liquor store sell it. Lakeshore's Cayuga White is excellent as a spritzer. And just about any wine from Lucas Vineyards is worth drinking. Simply amazing wines from them. Butterfly, Tugboat Red, etc. etc. I could go there any day for a tasting.

So, wine drinking members, what wine do you prefer or recommend for others to drink?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I personally can't stomach wine, I can't understand how the sour/rotten taste is enjoyable. Its pretty much no different from vinegar to me. I can handle white wine, but red wine makes me want to puke. I stay away from it altogether though. Thats just me though, A lot of my friends drink wine.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Alot of wine tastes disgusting to me. Like Lakeshore's red wines. Its so dry and disgusting as hell to me. I won't even finish the little bit they pour in my glass for a taste. Alot of white wine is usually too strong for me, but a 50/50 mix of any decent white wine or blush mixed with sprite and you'll get a damn good drink. :drool: It usually tastes like a new flavor of sprite except boozy. You'd think shmirnoff would make some of these flavors. :drool: Mixing it with sprite makes the bottle last a hell of a lot longer too. $8-$10 for a good bottle of wine and $1 for a 2 liter of sprite and I'm usually set for the night. :sake:

When a wine has a really high sugar content its so much better. I swear most red wines are an aquired taste. I don't understand how anyone can like most of it.

One of my friends loves the strong vinegary tasting red wines, he'll fill a whole glass and drink it all.:pukeout:

Well, I can't really knock it. Bourbon/Whiskey tastes like drinking liquid oak on fire, and I love it. X'D It doesn't make much since. If I ever had a chance to taste some of that high class super expensive wine, I wouldn't pass it up. Even though its been aged for decades and probably is the most rotten of all, I'd still have to see what it was all about.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Ewww, I saw someone try a taste of a $30 bottle of red wine and that shit must have been disgusting. But he was one of those guys that like red wine. I remember he said: "Wow, I have never tasted a wine this dry before. I didn't think wine could possibly taste like this." Eww. The winery guy told me that if I didn't like any of his red wines I'd definitely hate the $30 bottle. And seeing as I couldn't even swallow the other two top red wines, I can only imagine their most expensive one must have tasted like bigwheel. :bigwheel:

X'D

Yeah, but I've never seen one. X'D The most expensive I've ever held in my hand is a $30 small bottle. X'D

Its funny how most of those mad expensive ones will probably never be drank. They just buy them to have them. If anyone had the balls to crack one open and drink it, it'd probably taste like this $500/lb moose cheese:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/07/18/214808.php

X'D