Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

The King of Fighters

http://kotaku.com/5101163/king-of-fighters-movie-sounds-like-a-disaster+in+waiting

King Of Fighters Movie Sounds Like A Disaster-In-Waiting

To refresh: Gordon Chan is directing a King of Fighters movie. Previously, details were scant, but today, details on the flick have surfaced. We wish they'd remained scant.

Seems filming has already begun in Canada, and the movie will star Maggie Q, Sean Faris, Will Yun Lee and Darth Maul himself, Ray Park. Those guys all have movie martial arts experience, that's the good news.

The bad news is this:

It also looks like the King of Fighters movie will introduce a new science fiction spin into the setting established in the games’ universe by following the surviving members of three legendary fighting clans who are continually whisked away to other dimensions by an evil power. As the fighters enter each new world they battle that universe’s native defenders, while the force that brought them seeks to find a way to invade and infect our world.

Huh? Wha?

You have until 2010 to prepare yourself for disappointment.

Alright! as if it wasn't bad enough that 99% of all movie video games SUCK, lets go ahead and admit we've already decided to screw up the story line and change it into a pile of garbage!!!!

Seeing as the 1st MK was probably the only good Video Game to move adaption, you think they would have followed that model... nope. SCI FI!!!

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I ADORE the KOF series - 94 through 2002, and then I haven't played any newer versions. But, this is ... a no no ... I mean it should've stopped with just SFighter.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Seeing as the 1st MK was probably the only good Video Game to move adaption, you think they would have followed that model... nope. SCI FI!!!
Like SF they don't want to go anywhere near MK... even if the 1st MK movie was good.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

SF somewhat followed the storyline, but it was too goofy and they tried too hard to shove all the characters in the movie with their actually game costumes.

MK1's success was based a little more off realism mixed with the fantasy. MK2 was just too wacky and dumb. Animalities X'D

It also looks like the King of Fighters movie will introduce a new science fiction spin into the setting established in the games’ universe by following the surviving members of three legendary fighting clans who are continually whisked away to other dimensions by an evil power. As the fighters enter each new world they battle that universe’s native defenders, while the force that brought them seeks to find a way to invade and infect our world.

wtf. X'D I would watch this movie if it ended with Gurren Lagaan randomly showing up and owning everyone in all universes and dimensions. X'D

Hmmm... Based on this leaked info, I wonder when Sci-Fi will release their b-movie saturday night version. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51396

Maggie Q (Live Free or Die Hard) has joined the cast of King of Fighters, an English-language, live-action adaptation of the best-selling Japanese video game now filming in Vancouver.

Directed by Hong Kong's Gordon Chan, the movie also stars Sean Faris, Ray Park, Will Yun Lee and David Leitch, who doubles as action choreographer.

The $12 million action pic is a co-production of Taiwan's Double Edge Entertainment, Japan's Micott & Basara, Inferno Entertainment from the U.S., the U.K.'s Scion Films, Axis Entertainment, Convergence Entertainment and Singapore's Innoform Media.

Production will wrap in mid-January, with the movie scheduled for delivery in the third quarter of 2009.

She needs to gain a little weight first.... :desksd: