Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Doctor Who to get a new Doctor

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13628.html

David Tennant, the actor that’s been playing Doctor Who in the hit BBC show for the last several years, announced at the National Television Awards in London last night that he is leaving the show before the next season. At the Awards accepting his outstanding drama performance prize, Tennant said he wants to “…bow out when it’s still fun, when it’s a novelty,” according to BBC News.

Doctor Who is currently on hiatus between the fourth and fifth seasons of its current incarnation (see “Dr. Who Going on Hiatus”). Tennant joined the show after the first season, when Christopher Eccleston bowed out (see “Casanova Heads for the Tardis”).

There are five specials planned for the period between the end of the fourth season earlier this year and the beginning of the fifth in 2010, one at Christmas this year, and four in 2009. Tennant will perform in all of those before he departs.

He was doing a good job as Doctor Who. I think the producers opted for the specials for next year instead of a new season just so they could work around Tennant's schedule... but now hes decided to quit anyway. Its a shame, I hope the next doctor is just as good as he is.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I saw his interview on the website. It does suck because he makes a great Doctor, but he said that while he absolutly loves being the Doctor, he said if he doesn't step down now, they'd probally have to pry his cold, dead hands from the Tardis. *L* But there's a couple of stories that kinda need to be tidied up with him as the Doctor, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg