Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Disney to buy EA?

http://kotaku.com/5075163/wall-street-journal-to-disney-buy-ea

The Wall Street Journal has some advice — we're guessing unsolicited — for Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger: Maybe it's time to buy Electronic Arts. Why? Well, the price might be right (right now) given that EA's stock has taken a pretty serious hit lately, partly due to general economic turmoil and on second quarter corporate earnings from the Madden publisher that WSJ calls "disappointing." Why does it makes sense?

WSJ notes two potential "win-wins." First, the Disney-owned ESPN, which could benefit both the sports cable channel and the Madden NFL series. Second, WSJ argues that Disney could save at least some of the "$200 million it spends annually to develop its own games" at Disney Interactive Studios. The internal Disney studio currently works on properties like High School Musical and Tinkerbell.

Snatching up EA could also mean plenty of new, internally developed intellectual property for Disney and all of its subsidiaries. Properties like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Army of Two could be future Disney Pictures projects. As Dante's Inferno could have. We suppose Disney could send property the other way, too, with future Pixar titles going to EA instead of where they're currently housed at THQ.

It would be one big orgy of commercial appeal for both parties.

The Wall Street Journal points out that EA's market cap is at $7.7 billion, a serious drop from the $19 billion of a few years ago. That's a bargain, it says, one that maybe Disney should go for. We'd seriously hope that, if they did, they'd retain all those smart EA people turning the company's image and quality around.

So... EA buys up all the small developers to create a monopoly of gaming, and now Disney is going to own all of that...

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

again...

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

thats going to be a classic style nooooo

disney + hostile take over = the company we entrust our kids morales too

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Disney wont stop until it rules the world.nod.gif

No, see, they'd have to fight Microsoft for world control. Which would be an epic battle full of explosions and blue screens and pile-driving fairy-tale creatures! Us lesser mortals will have to build special bunkers to wait it out, except for me, because I'll be building a fortress so that when one emerges victorious, tired and bloody and weaked, I can take the winner down and rule the world in their stead! *evil laugh a la Krankor*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I love that darth vader pic! X'D

the next command and conquer will be involve teddy bears, who can hug each other the most X_x

disney is an evil monster ....

Next command and conquer!? hah! Command and Conquer will probably be the first thing thrown into the Disney Vault and forgotten. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

No, see, they'd have to fight Microsoft for world control. Which would be an epic battle full of explosions and blue screens and pile-driving fairy-tale creatures! Us lesser mortals will have to build special bunkers to wait it out, except for me, because I'll be building a fortress so that when one emerges victorious, tired and bloody and weaked, I can take the winner down and rule the world in their stead! *evil laugh a la Krankor*
Master Chief: This is Spartan 117. Can you hear me?

Old White Guy (Too lazy to find his name): Chief is that you?

MC: I'm stuck in the middle of toontown using a frying pan as my gun ran out of bullets...

OWG: Chief I want you to know if you die... we're going back to Spawn.

MC: ... ****...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.