Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

Oven driving me nuts

Months ago I turned off the gas valve to my oven out of fear I need to find a way to lower my gas usage. Recently I decided I wanted to turn it back on as I liked cooking food every now & then.

But now it won't light after turning the valve back on. I tried looking on Google for an answer. But it keeps going on about electric igniters which I'm sure my oven doesn't have because I've never seen anything electrical on it.

I'm at the point where I'm just going to leave the gas valve open & hopefully sometime later I'll be able to light it.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Don't leave the gas valve open without a pilot light!! That's a very serious hazard, not the least of which can poision your home. If you don't have an electric lighter on your pilot light, you may have to light it by hand. I would suggest calling your gas company and see if they can help if you can't find the manual that came with your stove. Or, look for the company's website and see if they have some kind of support you can call and get help.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

At the bottom of the oven there might be a small place which you might have to light, but yeah, call the company first.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

At the bottom of the oven there might be a small place which you might have to light, but yeah, call the company first.
That would be the pilot light. I've tried lighting that too. I've once again turned the valve off after my last post here. Though I don't think gas is coming through whether the valve is opened or shut.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

time to call the landlord, esp if its his appliance not yours

If the stove is all on you maybe you can find the manual online

what an ass pain >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

You should be able to smell the gas. It'll smell like rotten eggs. If not and the pilot light won't light for you, then there might be something wrong with the valve or the gas service. I'd call the company. I highly doubt they'd charge you for coming out to check your connection seeing as its a safety issue.

http://www.safegas.org/

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this