Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

which would you rather...

would you prefer to see underage ppl see you drinking or smoking and why :look:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Neither...both have nasty deaths at the end of them. But if I was forced to pick one: Drinking. That's what us Irish are bred to do damn it!:beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I THINK drinking everyday will have a worse effect than smoking everyday, but don't quote me on that, it's just an assumption. There're always exceptions like adults are advised to have a glass of wine after dinner for health purposes, etc. which are medical exceptions.

Kids should not be smoking or drinking.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I THINK drinking everyday will have a worse effect than smoking everyday, but don't quote me on that, it's just an assumption. There're always exceptions like adults are advised to have a glass of wine after dinner for health purposes, etc. which are medical exceptions.

Kids should not be smoking or drinking.

Drinking in moderation everyday has no ill effects and is actually good for you. In fact a glass of wine a day is good for you.

Smoking every day, is not, even in moderation.

I honestly believe the drinking age should be lowered to 16. If kids can do it, then its not cool anymore. I think you'd see a decline over the next decade.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I honestly believe the drinking age should be lowered to 16. If kids can do it, then its not cool anymore. I think you'd see a decline over the next decade.

Amen to that. Probably be the best thing to do (I've been drinking since I was 12 and already know it's not that great. Never got in trouble and never really started drinking heavily till I turned 21 because really drinking isn't that fun, I do it for stress relief because hard ass school + shitty work hours + assholes for roommates = one irritated and stressed out Strider).

Frankly I'd rather not have kids seeing me do either but I'd rather have them see me drink (then again I don't smoke so thats all they'd catch me doing). Might as well have them catch me doing the lesser of the two evils.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Well, I'm not sure I can remember ever hearing about someone getting intoxicated off a cig then crashing into a tree, telephone pole or carload of other people.

I think drinking age lowered to 18 is enough, at 18 you can vote, die for your country, have or are graduating high school; you should be able to buy a six pack. To me 16 is too young. The lack of judgment and experience is glaring. At that age most kids are learning to drive, not a great idea throwing booze into that mix.

I'd prefer that underage people don't mess with either, age restrictions are in place for a reason, but if you can buy butts you should be able to buy beer. Legislators need to pick 18 or 21 and set the laws across the board (cigs booze voting enlisting in the military)The old its okay to support this monstrously huge industry at this age but wait 3 years to get milked by these guys over hear... eh thats just stupid.

Crummy thing is more people; regardless of our current laws, choose not to smoke cigs (non smokers outnumber smokers) but just about everyone will or does drink alcohol. I've never seen 10 ciggys turn someone into an impaired dangerous violent asshole, but 10 beers can do a number on somebody's judgment. Red wine in moderation is "heart smart" because of the grape where as there are no health benefits from ciggys at all. Booze is generally bad news for your waistline cuz its a lot of empty calories and being over weight or obese can lead to a laundry list of health issues. A person can kick the smoking habit and within 2 years lungs return to pre smoking condition (unless you already have emphysema) but liver damage is permanent. It's hella hard to quit either, but personally I can go days weeks months w/o drinking but a day w/o a cig just aint happenin :P As a smoker who has tried three times to quit (and I'll try again) its horrible to see kids getting hooked on nicotine. As someone who has been the victem of violence and a bloody car accident because the shit head was drunk I have a way bigger hate on for alcohol. >.<

shit just last night the trucks went up the hill sirens blaring for - you guessed it- a drunk driving accident.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The smoking purchase age is 19 in some states now. There actually is no age limit to use tobacco products. A 14 year old can smoke legally and not get in trouble, and the parent could not be punished either.

From what I've read and have heard from Europeans, there are many countries over there that have drinking limits 16 to even younger and some without limits all together. They don't have half the problem we do in this country with underage drinking. Teen do it, because you aren't allowed to. So its cool. I don't drink half as much as I use to because it really isn't all that special. Of course it'll be a culture shock at first, but overtime I think we'd see a decline. I don't think people should be able to drive by themselves until their 18 anyways.

Did you know:

Dark and Light Beer protects bone density because it contains high levels of an ingredient which allows the deposit of calcium and other minerals into bone tissue

Dark beer contains antioxidants that help prevent clogged arteries.

2 beers a day can keep the stroke away

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/features/233beer&health.html

Alcohol After a Heart Attack

The April 18, 2001 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association published a study that found that drinkers of alcohol had a lower risk of dying from a heart attack. The study, led by Dr. Kenneth J. Mukamal of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, studied 1,913 patients at 45 hospitals between 1989-1994. Each patient had been hospitalized with a heart attack. The report concluded that moderate drinkers had a 32 percent lower risk of dying from a heart attack than those who didn't drink alcohol. Moderate drinkers, according to the researchers, were defined as people who drank at least seven drinks a week. Light drinkers (less than seven drinks a week) had a 21 percent lower risk. The findings were similar for men and women.

As in other studies, Dr. Mukamal's team found that alcohol helps prevent heart disease by boosting levels of HDL cholesterol and by thinning the blood or reducing insulin resistance.

This comes from askmen.com, I can't post the link because some of the pictorial advertisements. *cough* lol

Wine vs. Beer

According to Mr. Jim Anderson, wine connoisseur, "When you compare the raw ingredients that go into wine and beer, you'll find that wine, on one hand, is made purely from grapes, water and yeast. Grapes are a fine source of sugars, fiber and chromium, but few of those things survive the fermentation and filtering process. Yeast has loads of complex B vitamins, but again, they do not appear in the final product due to filtering."

Beer, on the other hand, is made from grains, water and yeast. Grains commonly used are barley and wheat (with cheaper, mass-produced beers relying on corn and rice), both of which are loaded with a variety of vitamins that survive the fermentation and filtering process. And the vitamin value of the yeast is conserved in the hundreds of unfiltered beers that are on the market -- both on tap and in bottles.

Lets not forget Whiskey!

Single malt whiskey has more ellagic acid than red wine. Ellagic acid helps absorb rogue cells that can cause cancer.

I don't drink wine, but I'll defend Beer and Whiskey to the DEATH!!! X'D

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!