Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

What would you say to an undecided voter?

What would YOU say to an undecided voter?

If you can take two minutes to answer that question right now

... that's exactly how you'll have the most impact in this

election.

The thing is, over the last few months, I've traveled all over

the country to try to make sure people know just how disastrous

a McCain/Palin administration would be for women's health.

And I can tell you: Rallies and posters and ads are important --

but they only go so far. At the end of the day, it's the

one-on-one conversations I've had with undecided voters that

make the deepest impact.

Even more, it's the one-on-one conversations that YOU have that

make the difference. I saw a bit of that when the Planned

Parenthood Action Fund met Sarah Palin in St. Louis for the VP

debate with nearly 100,000 signatures on our open letter

describing why she is not our candidate. The combination of real

people signing that letter with the leadership of a trusted

health care voice (us!) was and is extremely powerful.

Now, in the last few weeks before the election, the Planned

Parenthood Action Fund is in battleground states like Michigan

and Missouri to meet undecided voters and have those critical

conversations. You don't have to travel to have a voter-to-voter

conversation. You can do it right now, from your computer, and

it will take just a moment. Here's how:

:: 1 ::

Take two minutes, right now, to write a short personal note to

an undecided voter about why a McCain/Palin administration would

be disastrous for women's health. Not sure how to get started?

Don't worry, we've got a sample note for you to use.

http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/voter_to_voter/iwsw56krh8kx768?source=vtv08_e1af

:: 2 ::

Once you've submitted your message online, we'll print it out,

and one of our volunteers will deliver it straight to an

undecided voter in a battleground state.

:: 3 ::

Join us this weekend in your own community to educate voters

during our Mobilization Weekend.

http://www.ppaction.org/ct/O1MI_Jp1_rMu/OnTheGround

Time and again I've seen Planned Parenthood Action Fund

supporters harness their passion, strength, and conviction to

achieve truly amazing things. From the enormous support you've

shown us in response to Sarah Palin's nomination as vice

president to helping get our messages out to the public, you're

making a tremendous difference.

Today I need you to harness that energy again: Send your

voter-to-voter note right now.

Thank you for all you continue to do -- together, I know we can

change the course of this election!

Sincerely,

Cecile Richards, President

Planned Parenthood Action Fund

P.S. Ready to do even more? This weekend is our big push for

on-the-ground volunteers -- find out more here.

http://www.ppaction.org/ct/O1MI_Jp1_rMu/OnTheGround

To update your account settings, please visit your subscription

management page at: http://www.ppaction.org/ppvotes/smp.tcl?nkey=iwsw56krh8kx768&. If you would like to unsubscribe

from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund go to:

http://www.ppaction.org/ppvotes/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=iwsw56krh8kx768&.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

lesser of two evils...sorry to say but 3rd party is just as bad as being undecided or not voting at all....

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

unfortunately in this election I came to the same conclusion and will be voting Obama Bidden. If the republicans toxic ticket was way (lets say more then 20%) behind in the polls I would be happy writing Dr Ron Paul all over my ballot.

but the race is too close for my comfort

Republicans are infamous for stealing elections

We wont financially survive a W's 3rd term ~ which is McSame

together they will destroy the rights and equalities women and minorities have fought and died for

Wars w/ countries that just want to protect themselves from eminent US invasion...

More breaks for 40 billion dollar profit having oil companies

a health insurance nightmare

and an environmental disaster

This time I have to vote against dangerous arrogance and ignorance or my world country and loved ones will end up in even deeper shit then we're all trying to climb out of now

Lesser of two evils, sure.

I'd vote Bon Clay over Crocodile any day of the week :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I want Obama to win. We don't need 12 years of Bushy, while McBushy is singing to bomb another unsuspected country, continuing the Bushy's legacy of killing innocent civilians. My state is a red state so even if I vote or not doesn't make any difference, however.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Write in Ron Paul :P. If that doesn't tickle your fancy then vote for whatever party you registered as since at this point both candidates suck and both would be equally bad once in office.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Write in Ron Paul :P. If that doesn't tickle your fancy then vote for whatever party you registered as since at this point both candidates suck and both would be equally bad once in office.

A good idea!... Too bad Ron Paul didn't get the Republican nomination...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

If Ron Paul is a maverick, what does that make a guy like Nader who can't gain enough support [to save his life] for any position in public office? What is more "mavericky" than that? :cool:

Well if we're planning on writing in and throwing the election anyway, then I guess I don't feel quite as bad about writing in Nader. ;)

http://www.votenader.org/index.html

Nader/Gonzalez '08!

Or we can just write in Joe the Plumber. I mean, geez. He got 26 shout outs last night during the debates. Have you heard his opinions. He sounds like just the guy we need in office. He's got spunk. :spiritgun

Actually, I'm thinking about writing in this smiley for president:

:sword:

He won't use a hatchet or a scalpel when dealing with the economy, he'll use a medieval sword that kind of looks suspiciously naughty.

Ugh, I'm sick of this election.^_^;

The only thing I find important in this election is Prop 8. For those of you who don't live in California, Prop 8 is the ban against gay marriage put forth by the "family coalitions" with the dirtiest, cheapest campaign ads I have ever seen. That is the only prop or measure that I am going to feel proud voting either for or against. Well, against, to be exact.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say what I say to an undecided. I would say "I'm sorry that you are being bombarded with dirty ads and studied like rats." But jeez, if you are still undecided, you need to stay home or flip a coin because all you need to know is on the internet. Does what happens in the campaign actually INFLUENCE votes, or does it just reinforce your already solid opinions? (When I say "you" I am not actually addressing anyone specifically).

Edited by Zepling

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

If Ron Paul is a maverick, what does that make a guy like Nader who can't gain enough support [to save his life] for any position in public office? What is more "mavericky" than that?

Nader is lost in The Bermuda Triangle.

Man I hate Nader. He killed muscle cars.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

All that he did was point out that the muscle car lacked certain safety features that are now standard. He got the Corvair booted, big whoop.

The gas embargo killed the muscle car, not Ralph Nader.

And much, much later he was responsible for the seat belt law being passed which saves an estimated 10,000 lives yearly. I think that is deserving of praise.

Even if he had killed the muscle car, is that not what a "maverick" would do? To go against the grain, disregard popularity, take on Congress and big business for what he knows is right? John McCain better watch himself.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

All that he did was point out that the muscle car lacked certain safety features that are now standard. He got the Corvair booted, big whoop.

The gas embargo killed the muscle car, not Ralph Nader.

And much, much later he was responsible for the seat belt law being passed which saves an estimated 10,000 lives yearly. I think that is deserving of praise.

Even if he had killed the muscle car, is that not what a "maverick" would do? To go against the grain, disregard popularity, take on Congress and big business for what he knows is right? John McCain better watch himself.

He's full of it. Attacking businesses for the sake of it so he can make his own profit is not the proper way to do things.

There has never been any hard evidence that he has profited directly from his organizations lawsuits. He does own stock, however.

I do have a question about Ron Paul. Under a hypothetical Paul administration, how would people like my brother be handled? I'm a bit confused by his stance on Public health. I looked it up on ontheissues.org but I'm still having some trouble.

for background: my brother is on both (federal) MediCare and (state) MedicAid. He also collects Social Security. He is severely disabled and cannot work.

Under a supposed Paul Administration, would he be unable to collect MedicAid since Paul has stated that we should dissolve it into an all-volunteer, pro-bono medical care system? Would his MediCaid, which is used to pay for some of his medical supplies (not actual care) be cut off? If that were the case he'd have to go to a nursing home, which would be unfortunate.

I don't mean to press you about Ron Paul since you aren't his spokesperson. I just want to understand him because I see a lot in him that 1) is contradictory (not a big deal, everyone has contradictions within themselves) 2) a lot of what he stands for could be very damaging to my family if implemented 3) he has a very loyal group of supporters (is it just me or do a minority of Paul's supporters have a "holier than thou, I'm smarter than you"/Libertarian attitude? Not accusing you, just do a YouTube search on Ron Paul you'll see what I mean, I think)

Edited by Zepling

Libertarians luv Ron Paul- a Republican holy shit X'D

The solution to health care is HR 676 Its not some gigantic bill that will take you a week to read and leave you totally confused so have a look at it.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this