Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

how does my garden grow....

like a mutherfucker ob steroids -_-;

I've decided to trim back the yard. My lawn tractor has been tits up for 2 summers now and I'll kill myself and my push mower if I keep beating the shit out of it in this huge ass yard. So, I'll end the yard on the other side of the pussy willow and lilac trees I have at the front of the first garden....and move all my plants behind it forward. It will make it easier to find and take plants if/when I move out of this house but I have some plants that need a 6 ft circumference of room for just themselves... lots of em like that. its gonna be a few weeks of digging....

I'm going to die :)

I started with the arch and butterfly bushes. I'll get pics of progress in here eventually... if I don't stroke out in the back yard that is ^_^:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It started with taking care of the hollyhock/lemon balm mess along the house. I moved the 4 lavender and all the mini rose I could find in the lupine patch to the front and accented with maiden fern which will tolerate the amount of sun it gets there. hosta had to be moved and I stuck the hydrangea and chives in there as well. Everything in its place should do well there.

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=188

extended the shade garden toward the front of the house. dug out lily that did shitty this year and put in myrtle, lambs ear, foxglove to handle the shade better. re-laid the steps going out to the trash can/recycling bin and threw mulch down. no more muddy shoes. Containers with vinca and annuals that were being buried by bigger plants out back.

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=187

Arch under construction. purple butterfly bush and red sweet william on the left; dark pink morning glorey and annual snapdragons. purple clematis on the right with room for the white butterfly bush when I get there

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=184

Started w/ lambs ear and scotch broom, vinca slips and marigold to mark room for annuals.

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=185

then added 2 purple salvia and coreopsis plantings, 2 kinds of roses, 2 kinds of veronica, more vinca, russian sage, and echenacia

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=186

moved 2 blueberries yesterday and started moving piones....

more pics later

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

u come over when its done. we'll do a bonfire

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Marigold is always super looking in a lush garden. Love what you've done with arranging them, and cool arc!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this