Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Demo

Anyone else play this yet? It came out Thursday on Xbox Live and PSN.

The game is pretty freakin amazing from what you are able to do. The AI is pretty neat in how they show fear and fearlessness. Tossing Tie Fighters around like baseballs into groups of storm troopers was the highlight for me. My only gripe is the camera. They should let you switch from free roam to fixed behind. The button sequence kill needs to be touched up a bit as well.

Other than that I'm pretty impressed. You have so many options at your disposal, 60-70 percent of everything is destructible, whether its crates laying around or you decide to rip pipes out of the wall. You can play the game different ways, you can almost create you're own style. I am definitely sold.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

i planed to get this reguardless of your review ;p

but now im more excited after reading your opinion

too bad he apprentice is going to die (sucks about prequals, we know the ending)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Is this game going to be available for PS2? That is the only system we own and I really want to play this game.

It's avaliable on pretty much any current system except PC. Which really sucks and I'm really jelous about since I want to play it too. ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

limbs fell off in the movie ;p

also lightsabers = no blood ;p

i am about 1/2 through the book based on the game, and from the book i gather the game is basicly a level by level account of hacking your way through a level, to kill a boss, then repreat this on a different plantet

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

This is a very flawed game, They should have put another year of development into it. Its fun, and the story is good, but the aim/lock system is a complete disaster, and the camera is atrocious. The Camera system should be set up more like God of War, or at least like the boss fight camera. The boss fights are pretty tough, but they get unnecessarily impossible at times with the bad lock-on system. I hope they come out with a patch for that.

I have 2 missions left. so far I give it a 7.5/10. It's the best SW game since KOTOR but it could have been the greatest ever with some more time fine tuning it.

I beat it twice, They put a lot of time into one ending, while the other ending was just slapped together, pretty disappointing. I stick by the 7.5/10. There should have been more force puzzles. more levels. more bosses, and better lock-on/camera. This game was rushed out the door. There is a loading screen for just about everything. To level up and change you saber configuration, you have to load to do it and then load again when you're done. When you make a costume change it has to reset you to the last checkpoint. for cut scenes, there is a loading screen, when you reach the end of the level, there is a loading screen before the boss comes out. The flow of the game is interrupted by loading. To make it even worse, the cut scenes are prerendered, but graphically is nearly the same quality as the game, so the color of your lightsaber and the costume you have on doesn't show durring the cutscenes.

If you took the length and functionality of KOTOR as far as moving from world to world at will, and making choices with this gameplay perfected... You'd have the ultimate starwars game.

In the end, this ranks #2 on my list of top Star Wars games.

1. KOTOR

2. TUF

3. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Actually the saber color does change, the outfit won't (atleast on the 360, I just changed my saber color to purple and it's been that way in the cut scenes I've had since and it was blue before that) unless it's them assuming your using new color crystals as you go.

Overall, mind you I haven't beaten it yet, the game is ok from what I've seen so far. Some of the boss fights are aggravating to say the least and some of the random fights on the way there are beyond aggravating (I seriously hate those damn Shadow Troopers and the troopers with the anti-force bubble/flak type cannons and don't get me started on Purge Troopers and those damn blue shaman thingys or the rancors).

The camera is atrocious and the damn lock-on system sucks like all hell (I don't even use it, I just zap lighting around everywhere and swing like a mad man). Not to mention the camera in boss fight is amazingly aggravating as hell.

Yea, I found to much wrong with this game but at least the story is proving to be very damn good). Won't be buying it (borrowing my roommates copy). I'll give it a 7/10

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

For those that feel that it would spoil a surprise I put the tag over them but in the game you can have these colors:

Red

Red Compressed

Red Unstable

Yellow

Yellow Compressed

Yellow Unstable

Blue

Blue Compressed

Blue Unstable

Green

Green Compressed

Green Unstable

Gold

Gold Compressed

Gold Unstable

Purple

Purle Compressed

Purple Unstable

Black

I also don't like the purge troopers, They can interrupt all of your combos, but you cant stop them from completing theirs or anyone elses for that matter. You can only block if you manage to block the first strike. Thats where you run into the problems with the boss fights. If they get you on the ground they can keep hitting you and you cannot get up until they are done, but if you get them on the ground they can easily get back up, and they turn invincible when they are about to do a force power. I don't have trouble with the shadow troopers though, I suggest maxing out force repulse.

My ending character stats

All Combos

Lightning Max

Repluse Max

Sheild Max

Saber Max

Fortitude Max

Resilience Max

Defense Max

I had almost everything else up to 2 bubbles except for saber throw and force combo which I didn't invest in at all.