Sign in to follow this  
Eppy

New Fullmetal Alchemist Tv Series in the Works

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

The wraparound jacket band on the 20th volume of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga will confirm on Friday that a new television anime series is in the works. A new anime series was a topic of much fan discussion for several months, but it was thrust into a more public spotlight last month when a management document was purportedly leaked from the BONES anime studio. The document listed Fullmetal Alchemist animator Yasuhiro Irie as "Hagane 2 kantoku" (Iron/Fullmetal 2 director). After the purported leak, BONES President Masahiko Minami posted an official statement that said that no file with this same formatted information existed within the company. When asked about the possibility of a sequel to Fullmetal Alchemist or Darker than BLACK (another BONES anime), Minami told ANN, "It hasn't been decided yet. We are interested in doing them. As original science-fiction works, they were extremely fascinating. With these kinds of dramatic story lines, I feel that there's a lot we could do potentially."

Viz Media will publish the 17th volume of the manga version in North America this October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.

Source: 2ch via Moon Phase Comments

I'm kinda torn...if its a sequel...how the fuck are they gonna do it...or is it gonna be like Hellsing Ultimate and do a true to the manga remake which I'd LOVE to see :)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

You beat me to posting this, I just told lady about it last night after reading it on ANN. :P

I don't see how in the hell they could make a sequel out of this considering the way the movie ended. But if they do a remake, they'd have to redo the entire series. Which would be awesome. :D The manga had differences in it starting around chapter 10-13 if I remember right. And the manga is still current and up to 86 chapters now. *must catch up on current FMA manga*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Wow ... I'm in two minds too, like senpai. I'm current with the manga too, and it's just so intense right now ... I liked the original series, but following the manga would be awesome. Anyone else up for a Berserk remake true to the manga!!!!!!!!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

You beat me to posting this, I just told lady about it last night after reading it on ANN. :P

I don't see how in the hell they could make a sequel out of this considering the way the movie ended. But if they do a remake, they'd have to redo the entire series. Which would be awesome. :D The manga had differences in it starting around chapter 10-13 if I remember right. And the manga is still current and up to 86 chapters now. *must catch up on current FMA manga*

the anime is true to the manga up till the inspector guy's death then it alters on the anime only path

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I began re-watching this on my crappy downloaded 3 year old version! Up to episode 15-16 I think, Marco just got picked up by the military and Edward Al Armstrong are going to the Elrics' hometown.

Where can I pick up the cheapest dvd version of the entire series? Wait for Otakon next year for a better deal you think?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

fuck it man re-do it and stick to the cannon. People will watch :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers