Pchan

Rocky Horror movie to be remade

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7558091.stm

Cult musical film The Rocky Horror Picture Show is to be remade 33 years after it was first released, it has been announced.

The film, which will be co-financed by Sky Movies in the UK and MTV in the US, is to be co-produced by Rocky Horror creator Richard O'Brien.

The original 1975 film, starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon and Meat Loaf, has become a kitsch classic.

The cast and director of the new version are yet to be announced.

The plot revolves around young American couple Brad and Janet who accidentally stumble into a strange world of alien transvestites and overt sexuality.

Stage show

Lou Adler, executive producer on the original film, will return in the same role.

o.gifstart_quote_rb.gif Our hope has always been that each new endeavour and rebirth will expose the Rocky Horror experience to new audiences and expand the fan base end_quote_rb.gif

Executive producer Lou Adler

"The Rocky Horror phenomenon has a life of its own that has reincarnated itself in numerous ways since its birth," he said.

"Our hope has always been that each new endeavour and rebirth will expose the Rocky Horror experience to new audiences and expand the fan base."

He said the original film would continue to be enjoyed "by new fans and old alike".

Jim Sharman, who co-wrote the original screenplay and directed the film, said: "The original has some qualities that can't be reproduced but a remake could have its own very different strengths and qualities."

The new film will have its UK premiere on the Sky Movies channel.

The film started life as stage show The Rocky Horror Show in 1973.

It was adapted for cinema as The Rocky Horror Picture Show two years later and has generated an enthusiastic and dedicated following.

Audiences to both the stage and screen versions are encouraged to dress up like the show's characters._44918490_-42.jpg

Have any of you seen the original?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Not only have I seen it, but I own it.:happy: Nobody can top the original cult classic. For all of you fans..you can sign the Stop the Remake petition here. http://www.stoptheremake.com/

FUCK YOU MTV!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

There are people who haven't seen this movie o.0?

Remakes are such a gray area; sometimes more modern spec effects make it better, sometimes a new cast playing our beloved characters screw it up so bad its a frigin nightmare.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I might come all the way to Aberdeen just to watch it on the big screen! I've seen it a couple of times now.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

bah, they could never top the original....i mean, the cast is part of what made it classic!....besides, it would end up being 'toned down' to be more 'politically correct' and won't have the same punch.....><...

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

GG a Rocky Horror pciture show is a lot different from jsut seeing a movie on teh big screen :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

A remake would be really odd... Would they keep with the time period? Or are they gonna twist it and modernize it like crazy? O-o I really like the original so iono if i'll go watch the remake.... Might just watch it outta curiosity though...

~*~*~Kanie-chan~*~*~