Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

'Flash Gordon' Movie in Hyperdrive

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13058.html

According to The Hollywood Reporter Sony is doing everything it can to get its live action adaptation of Alex Raymond’s classic comic strip Flash Gordon to the big screen as quickly as possible. After acquiring the rights to the vintage science fiction property in a spirited, post Iron Man, bidding war in May (see “Sony Wins Flash Gordon Bidding War”), Sony has assigned the task of adapting Raymond’s sprawling saga to the writing team of Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. Sazama and Sharpless are currently working on Dracula Year Zero for Universal and Cobalt 60 for 300/Watchmen director Zack Snyder.

The ultimate “buzzword” in Hollywood today is “franchise,” and Sony is clearly hoping that Flash Gordon, which has a long and varied media career stretching from serials in the 1930s to a less-than-stellar 1980 movie adaptation to a recent Sci Fi Channel series, has big time potential if produced with care. According to The Reporter, Sony is keeping director Breck Eisner, who was attached to project before Sony acquired it.

Checker Books is presently engaged in reprinting the Flash Gordon comic strips in a series of hardcover collections.

I wasn't impressed with the series, so I don't really see how they could make a franchise of movies out of this.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the original movie is a sci-fi classic, remaking it would probably be a hit,

a lot of ppl who were fans of the original movie, never even gave the tv series a chance

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I liked the 1980's movie. I has held a major part of my childhood that I still like. Unlike some other Sci-Fi franchise with sore tits.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.