Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Jaw pains :(

err I woke up with awful, weird, jaw pains only on the left side of my jaw. It's been there for 3 days now. I'm not sure if I slept on my face the wrong way and knocked my jaw out of place or if this is something else. Its beginning to annoy me err. It feels like when you pull your finger and it wants to pop but cant and leaves that weird feeling. If I keep my mouth shut for a long time then open it suddenly, it hurts. If I keep my mouth open for a long time and then try and close it, it hurts :(. It doesn't seem to be swollen and none of my teeth hurt so I don't know what's causing the pain >.<. I guess I'll just ice it up for the next day or two and see if that helps.

I hate it when little things like this show up after you wake up one day. It messes up your week when it happens.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I has something like that, and I had a dentist appointment the next day. The dentist said I must have either slept on it weird or gnashed my teeth while asleep. There was nothing they could do for it. Their advice was to just take some advil every couple of hours and wait it out. Unfortunately it took me 2 1/2 weeks. Hope things work out quicker for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you left handed? I'm right handed and I clenched down on the right side of my jaw sometimes because of stress I don't realize I am doing it. Not only does it hurt my jaw but it gives me head and neck pain. I had an ear infection recently that caused to me to clench down that caused jaw pain too. Maybe you are grinding down on your teeth at night? Those are the things I can think of.

I hate how the body does these weird random acts of violence on it's self. 2 weeks ago I wake up to go to the bathroom, lost feeling in the whole left side of my body and fell. I thought I was suddenly paralized for life. Turns out the baby rolled onto a major nerve in my lower back that runs from your lower back, through your ass and down to your calves. The doctor said there isn't shit they can do and I had to deal with it for then next few weeks. What a mind fuck it is when you can't control your own body or your body does some shit with out a memo it's going to happen. A memo would have been nice. Something like "Please remember that we are doing construction on the left side of your face over the next few days. Sorry for the inconvience"

-Maintenance

I dunno..I was trying to make a funny...

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I did had chips a few days ago but it's not that type of pain. I don't have any cuts in my mouth. It just hurts anytime I attempt to open my mouth or close it. Feels like someone punched me right where the jaw connects :(. It's annoying because if I press the bottom of my left jaw up the pain is no longer there and I can open and close it fine lol. So I think Kelene is right. I must have done something wile I was sleeping. Hopefully it will straighten it's self out.

sig.php

Ya know ... I've been watching Hajime No Ippo, and I caught myself shadow sparring in the restroom at work and my punch/ fist went under the tie I was wearing, and as I pushed it forward, the tie went forward too, I choked myself and went down ... like self knockout X'D if that exists. Goku~kun, I feel like you, and I went through the same thing ... but, you must've dreamt of punching someone in yer dream, and unintentionally punched yourself.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Ya know ... I've been watching Hajime No Ippo, and I caught myself shadow sparring in the restroom at work and my punch/ fist went under the tie I was wearing, and as I pushed it forward, the tie went forward too, I choked myself and went down ... like self knockout X'D if that exists. Goku~kun, I feel like you, and I went through the same thing ... but, you must've dreamt of punching someone in yer dream, and unintentionally punched yourself.

lol it would truly be funny if I did punch my self in my sleep.

Hajime No Ippo, the show and manga that never ends XD.

sig.php

lol it would truly be funny if I did punch my self in my sleep.

Hajime No Ippo, the show and manga that never ends XD.

Heh the series stopped at 76 episodes, but the manga's at 800+ ... superb.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

ooh seriously. Sometimes my meds make me clench or grind my teeth in my sleep really bad. I get up with a mouth (jaw) that almost feels frozen in place cuz it totally hurts to move it! usually its the clenching my teeth in my sleep that does it. My dentist says a sleeping persons bite is stronger(normal restrictions are off) and its enough to break bone. I snapped off a quarter of a molar and swalloed it (no pain even after the break o.0) in my sleep. My dentist shit when he had to repair the tooth. he was like that doesnt hurt?! I was like no been this way fer 2 years chocolate bothers it some .... X'D

gawds I hate the dentist.

if it persists try a bite plate thingy

makes ya feel handicap as hell going to sleep with this dumb ass rubber thing in yer mouth but at least ya wont bust up yer teeth like I did -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

you might be grinding your teeth in your sleep. they sell night mouth guards at drug stores and pharmacies. it helps cushion your teeth and hopefully relieves the pain =/ if it doesnt clear up in another couple of days, id suggest going to see the dentist just in case its something he can help with

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Yeah..but if you don't see a dentist it could become a bigger issue like your jaw coming undone everytime you grind. My friend would grind her teeth in her sleep and wake up with her jaw dislocated. She looked so freaky.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

well I have a retainer I used to use but stopped by request of my dentist since it was, like you guys are mentioning, causing me to bight down in my sleep. I'm only supposed to put it in once every few weeks but I haven't put it in for like a year lol. I also haven't had any problems since then but I guess I might be bighting down in my sleep or something again. I'll try putting the retainer in tonight to see if it makes a different.

@DeathscytheX - lol wtf

sig.php

Dude, I just came up with another solution - why don't you just go around randomly kissing girls you see ... I'm telling you, the jaw pain will subside quicker than Kryptonite's record pace against Superman's powers. And, this solution's free of cost.

Dude, I just came up with another solution - why don't you just go around randomly kissing girls you see ... I'm telling you, the jaw pain will subside quicker than Kryptonite's record pace against Superman's powers. And, this solution's free of cost.

rofl, I can see my self getting hit for that.

Last night I tried to sleep facing straight up in staid of sleeping on one of the sides of my face. The pain in my jaw seems to have gotten less painful but it's still there. So I'll continue to do that and see if the pain goes away completely :).

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas guys and girls.

sig.php