Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

New gun tech lets you decide how fast the bullet will travel

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/07/new_gun_tech_le.php

The problem with shooting a gun at someone is that you just can't control how fast the bullet is going. More than likely, it's going very fast and will seriously hurt or kill them. But geez, you didn't want that! You just wanted to kind of hurt them a little to teach them a lesson. Don't worry, my violent friend, science is working on a solution for you.

The solution will be a gun that controls how fast it fires bullets. Want to blast through a wall? OK, crank it up to full power. Want to just give someone a really bad bruise? OK, turn it down a bunch. Want to scare the crap out of someone by aiming a gun at them and firing a bullet that falls to the ground at their feet? Kind of a jerk move, but that's possible too.

It's all based on the technology behind toy rockets, of all things, and it works "by mixing a liquid or gaseous fuel with air in a combustion chamber behind the bullet. This determines the explosive capability of the propellant and consequently the velocity of the bullet as it leaves the gun." Cool.

I read about this and thought about that Judge Dredd gun. This could be the beginning of an insane weapon. The next step would be to voice command the gun.

Judge: "Gun, full velocity and rapid fire"

*hand gun shoots like an uzi*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The problem with shooting a gun at someone is that you just can't control how fast the bullet is going. More than likely, it's going very fast and will seriously hurt or kill them. But geez, you didn't want that! You just wanted to kind of hurt them a little to teach them a lesson. Don't worry, my violent friend, science is working on a solution for you.
I feel like I'm in a Spishak commercial!
The solution will be a gun that controls how fast it fires bullets. Want to blast through a wall? OK, crank it up to full power. Want to just give someone a really bad bruise? OK, turn it down a bunch. Want to scare the crap out of someone by aiming a gun at them and firing a bullet that falls to the ground at their feet? Kind of a jerk move, but that's possible too.
If I get to choose the speed I want lights & a horn added to the bullet to test Ron White's theory on Deer Hunting. Yeah I want to blast through a wall for the Hell of it... Drive byes become "Cruisin For A Bruisin." Now not only can a gun over compensate, but thanks to the fact the bullet falls to the ground you can prove you're not firing blanks, but your semen may be retarded.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Hahaha! Incredible. I can see the company being sued a couple of times ..

"Hey, I didn't wanna kill the guy, just wanted to bruise ... and next thing I know the gun malfunctioned."

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.