Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Sci Fi channel bullshit

The integrity of this channel has been going to hell for me with the 'mid-season finales' of their more popular series like Battlestar Galactica and the two Stargate series (SG1 is done, but the last two seasons had 'mid-season' finales). And with the mid-season finales, we have to wait 9 months for the remaining season and then ususally another 3 or more months for the beginning of the season after that. Thank god this is the last season of BSG, because I don't think I'll ever watch another series that has this big of gap between new epsodes.

I'm going to stop watching Stargate Atlantis as it is. They make us wait 9 months for more episodes and the episodes are badly written rehashed scripts of things that have already happen multiple times in the same series but in a different context!? f*ck that! I'm not giving this channel any more ratings for poorly scripted series.

Also, the Sci Fi channel's b-movies used to be watchable, not always good, but a good time killer and somewhat amusing or interesting. But now they seem to be outputting a constant stream of crap movies just to fill their time slots. Instead of making so many crap movies, they should put more money into fewer, better movies and make them good, like improving the scripts and hiring better actors.

I like Eureka and I'm going to watch the newest season and I've been looking forward to it because its actually pretty good in my opinion. I don't mind its timeslot on tuesday nights because it works out good to have something close to the middle of the week to watch. However, it is constantly hammered with ECW commercials because wrestling is on right after it.

The commercials annoy the hell out of me. Do they really think that many wrestling fans are watching Eureka in anticipation of the wrestling show thats coming on after it!? Bullshit! Wrestling fans will watch that f*cking show regardless of what channel its on as long as it comes on at that particular time. So stop commercializing the shit out of it during an actual show that has nothing to do with the fanbase of the show that follows it! :x Its the same as if ECW was on the home and garden channel and having random commercials of hardcore wrestling and sweaty muscle guys airing during a show like Trading Spaces or Curb Appeal. Do they really think wrestling fans would watch Curb Appeal just because it precedes ECW!? Then why the f*ck throw commercials on before it? Do they really think they'll increase their fanbase by luring in Sci Fi fans or home improvement do-it-yourselfers?

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, WTF is wrestling doing on the "SCI FI" channel anyway!? Once again it is the integrity of the channel going downhill.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

SGA is the lamest duck in the pond. That show and sci fi can just fuck off.

Once BSG is done I doubt I'll watch anything on the channel. If I wanna watch caprica I'll d/l it. Same w/ Eureka if they don't ruin that show too.

not playing their wait half a year+ for the other 1/2 of the season bullshit.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I just watched the new to scifi movie "Ginger snaps back" Amazing but scifi overall, poor most scifi movies have too much fake cgi. Why suffer through a month of airing for 2 hours. You almost have to make the decision no thanks on almost everything.

Yeah, what exactly does wrestling have to do with science fiction?? I honestly couldn't believe it when they started playing it, I kept expecting it to be some weird sci-fi show.

Dude, that would be hilarious! Wrestlers that go out on crappy spaceships to save the world between matches. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I thought the Sci Fi channel started to suck when they no longer played Mystery Science Theater 3000. And when they started show Hercules, Xena, and crap movies that were Fantasy; not Science Fiction.

I do pretty much watch the Sci Fi channel for ECW & at times Anime. But yeah I could have watched that show on any other channel just as long as the commercials didn't piss me off.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sci-Fi hasn't appealed to me since they stopped playing classic sci-fi. the original Star Trek series has been completely remastered, and I don't think they've shown it once on Sci-Fi. It played on ABC or NBC last year, in limited locations. So not everyone, including myself, has seen it.

Sci-fi use to be my favorite channel when they played Buck Rodgers, BGS, Star Trek, Logans Run, Kojak the Night Stalker, Tales from the Darkside, Hitchcock, and outter limits on a regular basis. The last good movie they put out was Official Denial back in 94.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I agree that Sci-Fi should start playing more of the classic and good present day sci-fi shows and movies. Farscape is the most obvious example of how Sci-Fi has screwed themselves, by not only changing the showing times, but then canceling shows with a large fan-base.

Kelene and I haven't had as much of an issue with the half season showings and in a way I find the concept appealing.

1. Most of the episodes have been so-so until you get to the mid-finale. Since it was decent and that is your most current memory of the series, you're more likely to finish the season instead of dropping out from being bored half-way through after watching the mid-finale episodes. Aka: Stargate: Atlantis

2. We choose not to watch most of the shows we like while the kids are awake due to content and their lack of interest, so we DVR our shows and watch during the two hours we stay up on average after the kids go to sleep. Though we only watch three shows a week at this time, it's a constant endeavor to stay caught up along with our other interests.

I like the idea of watching half a season of Ghost Hunters, then Ghost Hunters International (which has gotten better), and then repeat for the last half. The change in pace keeps the shows from becoming stagnant. I think if there was another Stargate-like series that showed during the missing time, like GH and GHI, then the issue for many wouldn't be as glaring.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Its one thing fotr a show with no plot like GH but BSG is where sci fi has been getting all their fuckin ratings. They treat the fans like shit because they are losing their cash cow.

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=165

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yes, I could care less if GH had a mid-season finale as you can watch any episode in any order. But for a serious drama show like BSG or a series with an ongoing plot like Stargate, it annoys the absolute hell out of me.

As for Atlantis, I already skipped one episode of it. As for why, I'm making another topic. As for leaving me wanting more of Atlantis for 6 months for the remainder of the season, they didn't.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

yeah... its like driving past a bad accident... you can't help but look

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Why is the Sci-Fi Channel showing the newer episodes of the X-Files? Give us more mumbly mumblerson Moulder!

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DeathscytheX
      The trailer for Ender's Game has arrived!
    • By DeathscytheX
      The trailer for Ender's Game has arrived!
      Click here to view the article
    • By DeathscytheX
      In response to rampant rumors of a Yoda movie, Walt Disney Pictures CEO Bob Iger has confirmed that the studio is looking to create stand alone Star Wars films independent of the new trilogy that focus on specific characters from the overall Star Wars universe. To watch the CNBC intervew click the link below:
      CNBC: Disney Plans Stand-Alone Star Wars films
      UPDATED:
      Info from Star Wars official website.
      UPDATE 2:
      Comingsoon.net is reporting that the first two stand-alone films will Focus on Boba Fett and Young Han Solo. The Boba Fett film will take place within the timeline of A New Hope and Empire Stirkes Back, while the Solo film will be based of the 1979 Brain Daley Novel 'Han Solo at Star's End' which takes place 2 years before A New Hope..
      Click here to view the article
    • By DeathscytheX
      After previously denying that he would command the directors chair for the next Star Wars film, LOST creator and Star Trek director J.J. Abrams has been officially confirmed for the role. After swirling rumors and many turned down offers, Abrams has emerged to take on the challenge that has scared away the likes of big names such as Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, and Zack Snyder.
      In November Abrams was quoted as saying:
      "Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time. I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!"
      However it seems that Lucasfilm's co-chair Kathleen Kennedy had been courting Abrams aggressively for quite a while. With the success of his Star Trek reboot and upcoming sequel, Abrams is set to become the new king of Sci Fi if he can triumph within the two most iconic series of the genre.
      Star Wars Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015. Michael Arndt is writing the script.
      For more check out these links:
      Comingsoon.net: BREAKING: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars: Episode VII!
      io9: Can J.J. Abrams do for Star Wars what he did for Star Trek?
      Deadline: J.J. Abrams to Direct New 'Star Wars' Film for Disney