Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

skunked again

the mutt took it to the face again a few minutes after 11. The pig did this freak in her cage and then the smell hit us. Sledge was like "Skunk" and called the dog but of course it was too late. I think Ditto was near it too cuz he stinks.

fuuuuuuuuuck

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I have a de skunking soak that works every time. I used it for years when I my ex and I had dogs. I got it from a vet and it works almost always in 1 shot. Tomato juice won't do much except make your pup smell like spagetti o's and skunk. Save yourself the trouble.

You will need:

1 cup of lemon scented dish soap

1 sml bottle of peroxide

2 cups (just to be safe) of Baking Soda

The baking soda counteracts with the peroxide so you won't bleach out your dog.

I suggest using warm water, but if you do not want to bathe the dog in the house then you can use an out door tub. Mix the dish soap, peroxide, and baking soda up in the tub. If you can get your dog to lay down the better, because they can soak in the solution. Otherwise, if the dog wishes to sit, keep pouring the liquid over the dog's body. They need to saok for about 20-30 minutes depending how bad they got sprayed. For a close up drive by squirt , I suggest 30 minutes. KEEP THE SOLUTION OUT OF DOG'S EYES. If they got shot in the face, take a rag and wash carefully around it's eyes while dog soaks. Shampoo with a dog shampoo after you have soaked the dog to the point it don't smell. The water may smell, but a good whiff of the dog's coat will let you know if you overcome the skunk stink. My dog had a short coat, being a lab mix and was a orange color. I used this mix on her twice a week since she couldn't stay out of the way of the skunk. I never once bleached her out, and she didn't break out in any rashes. You can use this mix for people too. Good Luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Its okay been down this road plenty of times :P

I washed her whole head area tonight. Our clothes stink, the smell came in through the open windows so I'm burning nog like crazy. Tomorrow the mutt and that damn Ditto are both gettin a full blown bath!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The joys of having pets... wait a minute, I wouldn't know that since I can't have any pets since my husband is allergic to everything. Oh well. The kids make enough smells for me to live with :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*gives Kelene some singulair for the hubby and a kitten for her* :)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this