Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

FAA says bird not to blame for dent in plane nose

article

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Federal officials say a bird did not cause a large dent in the nose of a Northwest Airlines plane that landed in Tampa.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says Tuesday that the aircraft's fiberglass nose cone and an antenna have been shipped to Minneapolis for analysis.

Officials there haven't determined what caused the dent in the Boeing 757, but there is no evidence of a bird strike.

Bergen says the crew aboard Flight 478 from Detroit reported a loud bang Monday and then the aircraft's radar became inoperative. The plane landed safely.

A Tampa International Airport spokeswoman initially blamed the dent on a bird. But Bergen says the crew reported the bang while flying at 18,000 feet — an altitude too high for a bird.

NYTimes article w/pic

at 18,000 feet... its called a UFO O_O

theyyyyyy're heeeeere....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yeah, some poor alien teenager is back home now trying to explain to his parents why there's a big-ass dent in the front of his dad's ship. "Honest, Dad, I don't know what happened!"

XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

OMG. That's a big ass dent for a bird? LOL. :abduct:Had to be a UFO. What else could it be?08northwest-inline-650.jpg

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

and those odds are about as probable as et craft :P

Seriously, people today are so biased thinking we're the only intelligent life out here yet shit loads of ancient texts talk about celestial visitors.

Yep, the world is flat, the earth is the center of the universe and there is no other life out there :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Lunar base?

Are we swiping - wait let me rephrase- have we been swiping et technology since Roswell and the "weather balloon"?

I'm inclined to believe that yes we have and I dun care if it makes me sound like a nut.:P

Occam's Razor yo.

ooooh now I wanna make a ufo et topic!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

aww you guys are party poopers :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Lunar base?

Are we swiping - wait let me rephrase- have we been swiping et technology since Roswell and the "weather balloon"?

I'm inclined to believe that yes we have and I dun care if it makes me sound like a nut.:P

Occam's Razor yo.

ooooh now I wanna make a ufo et topic!

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/research/x43-main.html

Nasa has a jet that can almost reach Mach 10. C'mon.

I don't think we have a lunar base, but I do think we go into space a lot more than the old ass decrepit shuttle does.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Just the look of some of those planes is so... spaceship~ish.

I wonder how much of it could be reverse engineering

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Just the look of some of those planes is so... spaceship~ish.

I wonder how much of it could be reverse engineering

Probably none as reverse engineering is a myth made up by Sci-Fi writers.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Probably none as reverse engineering is a myth made up by Sci-Fi writers.

Actually reverse engineering is quite real, and is practiced heavily among the superpowers. Its mostly our stuff that gets reversed engineered when it's shot out of the sky.

You can tear anything apart and figure out how to make one or something very similar to it. You'd be surprised how much real science is used in post 80's sci-fi. They still use a lot of creative licenses, but there is a heavy scientific influence, because these writers actually go and study physics among other things.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I think a lot of movies/tv etc is put out there to desensitize us to violence, govt, aliens pretty much whatever the higher ups want to cover up.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Actually reverse engineering is quite real, and is practiced heavily among the superpowers. Its mostly our stuff that gets reversed engineered when it's shot out of the sky.

You can tear anything apart and figure out how to make one or something very similar to it. You'd be surprised how much real science is used in post 80's sci-fi. They still use a lot of creative licenses, but there is a heavy scientific influence, because these writers actually go and study physics among other things.

When you put it that way yes. But I was referring to the fact that most people way too paranoid by government & have this weird fixation that we're not the only intelligent life on our planet. Rather than say looking up history about computers they rather say "Aliens did it" as if for some odd reason I should now accept that answer just because they replaced the word "God".

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I do believe intelligent life exists beyond our solar system. However, I think they'd have better things to do than hang around and buzz Earth. Plus, I gotta say, all the conspirsy theorys about how aliens are responsible for our culture and all that (like they built the pyrimids) is something I find a little insulting. That's basicly saying that humans are NOT capable of coming up with good, unique ideas for themselves. We might have picked up a few things from crashed technology, but I like to give us a little more credit than saying that humans got all our technology and culture from aliens.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I do believe intelligent life exists beyond our solar system. However, I think they'd have better things to do than hang around and buzz Earth. Plus, I gotta say, all the conspiracy theories about how aliens are responsible for our culture and all that (like they built the pyramids) is something I find a little insulting. That's basically saying that humans are NOT capable of coming up with good, unique ideas for themselves. We might have picked up a few things from crashed technology, but I like to give us a little more credit than saying that humans got all our technology and culture from aliens.
I would find that a lot insulting if someone thought we got our culture from aliens.

Sign in to follow this