Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Iraq official: Need dates for U.S. withdrawal

article

National security adviser says any security deal must contain timetable

BAGHDAD - Iraq will not accept any security agreement with the United States unless it includes dates for the withdrawal of foreign forces, the government's national security adviser said on Tuesday. The comments by Mowaffaq al-Rubaie underscore the U.S.-backed government's hardening stance toward a deal with Washington that will provide a legal basis for U.S. troops to operate when a U.N. mandate expires at the end of the year.

On Monday, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki appeared to catch Washington off-guard by suggesting for the first time that a timetable be set for the departure of U.S. forces under the deal being negotiated, which he called a memorandum of understanding.

Rubaie said Iraq was waiting "impatiently for the day when the last foreign soldier leaves Iraq."

Iraq's government has felt increasingly confident in recent weeks about its authority and the country's improved stability, and Iraqi officials have sharpened their public stance in the negotiations considerably in just the last few days.

Violence in Iraq has fallen to its lowest level in four years. The change has been driven by the 2007 buildup of American forces, the Sunni tribal revolt against al-Qaida in Iraq and crackdowns against Shiite militias and Sunni extremists.

Finally :happy:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Somehow I think their is going to be a refusal by GW Bush to set the time to withdraw...

And we already know McCain's answer...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

It certainly would throw a wrench into their plans if we brought our troops home. Good!!!!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

yeah that's GW's army alright -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i think the whole world has been waiting for a date for several years now. i hope they pull out soon, and if shit hits the fan, once people pull out, well at least iraq got what it wanted after all

what will happen:

Bush: when can we get our boys out?

advisors: sir, they still have oil reserves

Bush: ok, errrr, any one seen where i left my ice cream sandwich?

advisors: ???

Bush: nevermind, what should we tell them then?

advisors: remember that face you pulled, when you were informed that the twin towers were bomed, pull that face, and then say, we will leave when we feel iraq is doing ok on its own, economically, and a stable democratic government

Bush: that all ^_^ should i mention were still looking for WMD's and that son of a snake Sadam,

advisors sir, there was never any WMD's. and Sadam Hussein was caught and exectuted some time ago sir... X_x

Bush: oh,,,,,,i see,,,,,O_O

advisors: Sir...

Bush: can one of you call, ben and jerry's and get me a new ice cream sandwich?

advisors: X_X yes sir

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I don't think he's as dunb as he plays it, but he is pretty dense and trips up when he doesn't know how to answer a question. I think he's a front man for the group of shitz running this country into the ground.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't think he's as dumb as he plays it, but he is pretty dense and trips up when he doesn't know how to answer a question. I think he's a front man for the group of shits running this country into the ground.
Big Oil, World Bank Group, NAFTA...?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this