Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Devil's Due Adds 'Vampire Hunter D'

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12825.html

Devil’s Due Publishing has struck a deal with Digital Manga Publishing to bring original Vampire Hunter D comics to American audiences in a typical monthly American style comic book series. Details about the creative team involved and the debut date for the new series have not yet been released, but Devil’s Due has announced that the series will be entitled Vampire Hunter D: American Wasteland and will, according to Devil’s Due, “have a noticeably North American feel never before seen in the Vampire Hunter D mythos, while closely paying respect to the history of D.”

The Vampire Hunter D property is based on a series of novels written by Hideyuki Kikuchi and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano (both of whom will be attending the New York Anime Festival, see “Yoshitaka Amano at N.Y. Anime Festival”). Dark Horse publishes the Vampire Hunter D novels in the U.S. (Volume 11 is due out in October), and they continue to sell better than the vast majority of manga titles released here in the States. The Vampire Hunter D novels inspired a very influential anime feature in 1985 (and a sequel Vampire Hunter: Bloodlust in 2000). In July of 2006 Digital Manga Publishing announced the creation of a Vampire Hunter D manga (see “Vampire Hunter D Manga”), which has also done very well (a second volume of the manga has just been released by DMP).

Look out X-Men, Batman, etc... Vampire Hunter D comics. Which means if hollywood keeps turning all the comics into movies, imagine a live action Vampire Hunter D movie coming out?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

:drool:I LOVE Vampire Hunter D. I'm excited to see what the comic book will be like. I don't know about a live action movie. Who could they cast as D that wouldn't mess it up?

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

i think vampire hunter d had huge potential, but sucked

they should make a full series of vamp hunter d. as the movies were too short to creat a universe for D to make the character better

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

VHD has alwase been my favorite anime and D has always been by favorite anime character. The novels where pretty good. I agree, they should make an anime series. The movies where great but to short.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^