Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

230 MPG Car

Def an awesome step in the right direction. The reverse trike wheels concern me safety wise just cuz they're kinda hangin a lil too far out there. Some kinda built in roll bar/cage would take care of accident issues. Can you imagine flipping that thing doing 90? Be like a mutherfuckin flying saucer X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Def an awesome step in the right direction. The reverse trike wheels concern me safety wise just cuz they're kinda hangin a lil too far out there. Some kinda built in roll bar/cage would take care of accident issues. Can you imagine flipping that thing doing 90? Be like a mutherfuckin flying saucer X'D

I think it will be ok on the road if the suspension is done correctly. But for those times you might have to swerve off the road because of some jackass, you're pretty much dead. X_X I think we need to stick to the 4 tire system.

I can't imagine the labor costs for regular maintenance, it looks like you have to disassemble a lot of shit to fix anything. @_@

Interesting concept, maybe we will all be driving saucers on wheels one day. X'D

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

i actually like it...i mean if you know anything about physics its a no brainer...especially the concept of the rearview mirrors

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i actually like it...i mean if you know anything about physics its a no brainer...especially the concept of the rearview mirrors

Yes the camera's are freakin sweet. But how it would hold up during night time driving is questionable. Hopefully there is some kind of night vision mode.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

actually..nightvison wouldnt work at all...what happens when nightvison gets hit with a headlight :P

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

This design is far safer then most SUVs on the road. So I don't see this thing flipping as bad as most top heavy boxed vehicle's. It wasn't till recently that ford finally started to add in the special traction control to prevent their SUV's from going into oscillations and flipping. This 230 MPA car seems to come with that feature as well and the extended two front wheels are made intentionally wide to prevent you from flipping it.

If I had the cash I would definitely buy one of these.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Nice ride. I wonder how much the vehicle actually weighs. Aside from being aerodynamic, its probably made almost completely out of fiberglass. O_O We can get 40-50 mph wind gusts on parts of I480 here. I wonder if a cross wind of that speed would lift the thing up and fling it? :P And it would have to have a real good suspension, the roads around here suck ass and theres plenty of gravel roads too.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

All Electric

This drive option will be the first Aptera to go into production late in 2008. It is powered by an electric drive train and will get you around town to the tune of up to 120 miles depending on your driving conditions. At night you simply plug the Aptera into any standard 110 volt outlet and in just a few hours you will have a fully charged vehicle and the best part of all? You'll never have to stop at another gas station! The approximate cost of this option will be
$27,000

Plug-In Electric Hybrid

This option will not be available until early in 2010. It is powered by an electric drive train as well, but is assisted by a fuel efficient gasoline powered generator which continually recharges your batteries stretching your range significantly. In typical driving you may achieve the equivalent of 300 miles per gallon and you will have range far beyond any passenger vehicle available today. The approximate cost of this option will be
$30,000

wow expensive :o but still about the same price as a ford explorer XD.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this