Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

'Prince of Persia' Gets Cast

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12702.html

Ben Kingsley has been signed to play the villain in the feature film adaptation of the Prince of Persia videogame, according to Variety. Jake Gyllenhaal will play the prince, and other cast members include Gemma Arterton and Alfred Molina. Mike Newell directs (see “Prince of Persia Gets Director”); shooting starts next month.

First Second is producing a graphic novel based on the videogame (see “First Second Has Prince of Persia”), which will be out later this year.

Ben Kingsley, the guy from Jarhead and Brokeback Mountain as the Prince of Persia. I hope they make him actually look the part somehow, because.. well, lets just say... hes white.

I can imagine some helluva good cg scenes in this already, but the Sands of Time really doesn't have that deep of a plot in it at all. i just hope they don't add a bunch of pointless dialogue and extra characters.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Jake's a pretty good actor come to think of it (remembers his last string of movies), and Sir Ben's good too, I just hope it isn't wasted in this one ... the supporting cast seems decent as well, and I can tell they're not taking in fresh actors so people would come watch it even though they aren't gamers.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I never played PoP for the plot... So this sounds like a long cutscene...

Though I would LMAO (well what's left) if this turns out to be over an hour of the prince reversing time because he never makes it to the ledge.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Trailer's out ... gives away a fair bit, but it looks good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EA7EbFX4k]YouTube- Prince of Persia Film Official Movie Trailer HD[/ame]

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.