Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Dark Tower: The Long Road Home

http://www.marvel.com/comics/dark_tower

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2663.Dark_Tower%7Ecolon%7E_Long_Road_Home_Midnight_Launch

In a world that has moved on, young Roland Deschain will one day be known as the Gunslinger-but for now, he is merely a boy on the cusp of manhood. For years, his fate has been manipulated by the sorcerer known as Marten Broadcloak, who serves the Crimson King-an immortal shape-shifter living only to destroy the legendary Dark Tower: the axis of creation upon which all worlds revolve. And for the Crimson King’s plans to succeed, Roland must be destroyed.

Roland and his friends, Alain and Cuthbert, uncover a plot by the evil John Farson (also a servant of the Crimson King) to destroy the Affiliation, the network that unites the world’s baronies and maintains an uneasy peace. But Roland has another mission on his mind-winning the heart of the beautiful Susan Delgado, who he met in Hambry, and who holds a secret of unspeakable horror...

For Roland, these are only the first steps on the road to the Dark Tower, where he will learn the true nature of his quest, and, perhaps, the secrets of existence itself.

New Dark Tower comic, looks like it should be good. I wonder how it ties into Wizard and Glass tho.. It must take place during the novel as a side adventure? O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm guessing it will just be a retelling of Wizard.

the novels bounced around before Steve-o got for real and polished off the last 3 books with a quickness.

I love Roland really, but Wizard was far from one of my faves. I want the story from where Roland met Jake at the way station and on from there. History/backstory is eh...nice~ish but I'm all about the ka tet Roland had as an adult , the tet that strived for the Dark Tower with him.

Fuck his old timey buddies, I want Jake and Eddie and Oy!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

yep, its a new series. I have no idea if its a set amount of comics (like the previous series being set at 7 comics) or if its going to be an ongoing series. If its going to be a retelling of Wizard and Glass tho.. eh, it won't be nearly as good as the set we have now. *huggles gg* ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg