Sign in to follow this  
Kite

fix luffy

i am at the episode where they leave loungetown to the grandline, and so far luffy imo is the worst character by far.

he has little background story. and is the most unrealistic behaviour.

zoro, nami and sanji all are very cool,

but Luffy, all he does is say how great he is, and that he is strong,

he basicly lost to arlong, in a pathetic way, needed his crew mates to save him.

why did they make a character that people cant relate too the main guy, he has no personality.

you could call naruto simple, in the same way as luffy, but atleast he has some intelligence, and could have a conversation. instead of walking off on his own.

dont get me wrong, i really like the show, it is funny, action packed, and a solid story building and i like though how it doesnt just come down to luffy to save the day 100% of the time.

please tell me luffy gets more human, and not some weirdo that he is atm ^^

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Dude, Naruto doesn't even compare to Luffy!

Hehehe ... well, look at the part where he was a kid, and he wanted to be a pirate, he had drive and passion at an early age, and even as an adult he knows what he wants, he's MORE CLEAR than anyone else on his crew about what his goals are. He's compassionate, motivated, and helps anyone who he sees needs saving like Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Baratie! Most of the humor = Luffy!! I can relate to him, but see, that's each's personal preference at the end of the day ^_^ ... you always like some characters more than the other, which's why we have favorites.

If a character needs fixing it's Naruto to stop being emo about an already hyper emo Sasuke X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Luffy is Luffy. He doesn't really change much over the course of time, but they do kind of emphasize the decisions he makes and how he doesn't talk out his ass. The faith he has in his nakama enables him to be able to run off on his own or take something into his own hands and know that his dudes will be there to back him up. He is the primary comedy relief, but he also has some of the best fights in the series.

If you think about Naruto tho, does he ever rely on anybody for anything? Half the time he just spouts out "I will be the next hokage" and then does a blind run into any fight disregarding any kind of team effort or tactics outside of whatever he himself is planning. And he doesn't rely on anybody, instead anyone that travels with him are burdened by him because they have to fight or support him because they all know he going to do the same thing all the time, run headfirst into anything, lose control of every situation and need to get bailed out always.. and then he never thanks anyone for any assistance because he never remembers it. Naruto is the kind of guy that just wants to protect everybody but at the same time puts everybody at risk.

Whereas if Luffy were to go all out on somebody he'd make sure hes far enough away from any of his Nakama that none of them would get hurt.. but at the same time he has enough faith in his guys to know they can hold their own in whatever situation they get themselves into and he doesn't have to be up their asses and take on everybody that comes there way.

btw, I don't mean to give any spoilers, but Luffy annoyed the shit out of me in two arcs.. during skypiea with a snake (over the course of about 5 eps I think maybe more) and during enies lobby stuck inbetween a couple buildings (about 3 or so episodes). wtf. Other than those two moments Luffy does become more solid.

Naruto's back story is good and his character was great in the beginning of the series.. the sadness, the way he can relate to Sasuke and Gaara's lonliness and the way he overcomes his own problems, etc. etc. were all great. Over the course of time tho, Naruto's character has not evolved in the slightest. Now when I think of Luffy, they have a small flashback of him as a kid and how Shanks saved him, its emotional, its good, but it was too short. Now over the course of time in One Piece, Luffy's character evolves and when they run into his brother more info is revealed about him.. and just recently in the series they actually revealed other relatives and connections of Luffys and he just keeps getting more interesting.

In the end, One Piece keeps busting out with all these new adventures, fights, new moves and an ever evolving plot that has connections to every other part of the series. I swear the guy that writes One Piece knows his entire story and how everything fits together and how it will end and has probably always known. whereas Naruto has gotten very stagnant and repetitive. and I personally think the guy that writes Naruto doesn't know what the hell he is doing and is just writing chapter after chapter with no overall plot just to keep getting a paycheck from shonen jump.

*edit*

Holy shit this became a huge post. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the passion ^^

ill keep on watching the show,

i still perfer naruto ;p

but the pace of One Piece rocks, alot is achieved per episode

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

btw, I don't mean to give any spoilers, but Luffy annoyed the shit out of me in two arcs.. during skypiea with a snake (over the course of about 5 eps I think maybe more) and during enies lobby stuck inbetween a couple buildings (about 3 or so episodes). wtf. Other than those two moments Luffy does become more solid.

The former was annoying BUT the latter was hilarious ... both he and I ... Zoro I mean, were stuck ... so unreal!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

goodballs :P

Luffy is just a straight forward all be it simple minded guy ^_^;

I love him bestest when he's fighting....and eating bait X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this