Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Do you have a piggy bank?

most ppl have someplace they throw their change right? A jar, the junk drawer, novelty bank yer using as a paperweight ^_^;

Sledge has one of those giant crayola crayons :P he's had it longer then he's had me X'D For the past few I've been dumping change in it (hate a messy purse bottom) and when it was full there was enough in the crayon to buy new memory for the computer downstairs X'D I'm gonna start dropping bills in there so next time we empty it I can buy a pool ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i have some kind of low, black planter thing i got in high school as a prop for a play....last time i empted it, i had enough to go to Akon and buy me a kick-ass messenger bag with Vash on the front. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Since I hardly use cash anymore (gotta love debit cards) I don't have one anymore. I used to have a cup from Space Aliens (a restaurant, big blue alien it was) that I used to store my change. I usually just throw my change in one of my dresser drawers until I need it for something.

My parents on the other hand had the most awesome thing for keeping change, a huge ass Asti (sp?, sue me for not knowing how to spell an alcoholic drink) bottle my mom bought for my dad one year. Thing was beyond huge and held so much change, I almost took it with me when I left.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I know a guy that had one of those water cooler bottles....when it was full, he was able to take his family on vacation.....XD...

i prefer to use cash because if i rely on my debit card, i'll overspend....that's happened so many times in the past....-_-....

acsig2016.jpg

i had one of those crayons that sad hes still got it XD *pat pat* i got mines from six flags waaaayyyy back in the day now i use a beer mug for pennies and a coffee can for the rest also a 2lb maxwell coffee can with only quaters in it full to the top is 500$

i use...a bowl...same bowl for god knows how many years now

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I used to have a giant crayola crayon!!! It was like 3 feet tall and a navy blue color.all I have now is the bottom that my grandma uses to keep her hair coloring products lol. Now I use a water bottle i got from my university. Everytime i empty i have about 30 or $40 in change and it's not even half full. one of these years though, i wont empty it till I can't stuff anymore change in it!

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

I have 3 big green glass bowls I throw all my change in. I'm lazy so I take my change to a coin star, which is kind of a rip off. The last time I used a Coin star was a few years ago and I bumped into a homeless guy on my way in who hit me up for change. (True story) What do you say to that?

"Sorry man...I have no change" I felt kinda bad so I gave him a couple dollar bills and walked away. Havn't used a coin star since.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

That's what I do... Why would someone take their coins to Coin Star?

Because it's a pain in the ass to sit there and roll a lot of change if you don't have the fancy machine to help you. And a lot of banks are now charging to count the change, even if you have an account there and are just depositing it. Which is rediculious because they have to open home-rolled coins and put them through the machine anyways. -_-

acsig2016.jpg

Because it's a pain in the ass to sit there and roll a lot of change if you don't have the fancy machine to help you. And a lot of banks are now charging to count the change, even if you have an account there and are just depositing it. Which is ridiculous because they have to open home-rolled coins and put them through the machine anyways. -_-
I slide 5-10 of them in at a slant when putting them into a roll. Luckily my bank doesn't charge, but if they did I end up back to spending my nickles & dimes at vending machines. And my pennies would just end up lying around.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

i remember spending a whole day with my grandma putting coins into wrappers (we had a sorter too) it took a good 3-4 hours at least for about $100 in change.......

i guess that's like working $25/hr on a job but still!! lol, I think i'd rather just coinstar it. They'd take that much out with income tax and social security anyways :P

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

My crayola crayon is super old. Almost 20 years old now. X'D When its full I usually get $60 to $100 out of it depending on the quarter content. :P

I know a guy that had one of those water cooler bottles....when it was full, he was able to take his family on vacation.....XD...

My dad used a big water cooler bottle. He got it 1/4 full and realized he could barely move it anymore. X'D I think he weighed it on a scale and at a 1/4 full it was over 100 pounds or something like that. It had $200+ dollars in change! O_O

yeah coin star takes 10% from every 1 dollar for the most parrt

We used coinstar last time because they wave their 8% fee if you put the money into a gift card for one of their partners instead of getting cash. Amazon is one of their partners so yeah, instead of all that time rolling change or getting the 8% hit, amazon card was the way to go. :nod: Of course the machine could have still taken 8% out if it wanted to, how the hell would I know? Its not like I counted it first before dropping the cash in.. but I'm sure there are people who do that sort of thing just to see if they were getting dicked or not, so I'm pretty certain we got our money's worth out of our change. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

meh coinstar is just such a waste and as for banks commerence bank or however its spelled has a penny arcade they call it all it does is count the change doesnt take any from it and you dont need an account with them just walk in and drop in the change get the receipt and give it to the person at the desk they give you the cash you have a nice day im sure there also not the only bank that does that or place for that mattter only the really highclass or really shitty banks want you to have an account or charge you so much and coinstar doesnt have an excuse its just gay ^_^

one time i went to the bank with my coins and told me they'd have to charge me. guess we do things differently out here lol. And sledge, the coinstars here only give you the option to donate to charity...no gift cards here.

wow, your coinstars suck. O_O Maybe they're still rolling out the gift card option. The coinstar at the grocery store I go to is pretty new. Maybe they have to upgrade your machines still.

ah!

http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-0-3-1

They have a machine locater so you can find a coinstar that has the gift card option.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg