Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Ladies of One Piece

I was thinking about Nami and her recent battles ...

Nami's first major battle was against Miss Doublefinger, the 2nd most powerful agent at the Baroque Works) ... then it's with Gan Fall versus two bodyguard/ troops in the Enel camp ... then it's (surprisingly) CP9's Califa ... does that make her the most powerful woman in the East Blue!!!! I just couldn't believe a regular person albiet carrying a smart weapon would be enough to defeat a member of the CP9, CP9's were at a VERY esteemed position in the World Government.

Ok, then we also have an ever more powerful Nico Robin, un-utilized phenomenally so far.

Then there's also Captain Hina who briefly appeared during the Croc arc who's pretty strong.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The only reason Nami beat Califa is because Califa highly underestimated her. She could have killed Nami the moment she walked in the door but instead decided to play with her without realizing Nami had a couple moves that could cause her instant death.

Yes, Robin is very un-utilized when it comes to fights. She had nothing going for her in Skypia, but then again neither did Sanji really. The whole Enies Lobby she was out of commission, and even tho she has a couple team fights in Thriller Bark they never really show much in the way of new or more advanced abilities from her. Except for one scene in thriller bark which was pretty cool.

Captain Hina and Alveda have both gone unmentioned for years. Same with whats her face and Smoker. I have a feeling they'll all meet up again later in the grand line tho. The story keeps taking the Straw Hats from one event or conflict to another with no real side tracking available to bring everyone back in. But if they're going to Impel Down, I would assume Captain Hina probably runs part of that operation considering her DF power was shackling/capturing.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

CP9 members' fist punch is MUCH STRONGER than a regular persons. Considering that, Nami got hit so many times, yet she stood at the end of it. I think that was a BIT unfair, considering their powers.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yes, but don't forget that Califa was the weakest member of CP8 by quite a bit of 'doruki' or whatever the hell they called it. Sometimes I think of One Piece like an RPG game in the sense that Nami and Ussop and everyone else has accumulated so much experience over their entire adventure that they're all like level 50 warriors and Zoro is probably level 80, Luffy a 90, and so on. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well, Nami heavily relies on Ussop to stay alive X'D if he didn't make and then upgrade her weapon she wouldn't even be able to fight.

Robin tho....mwahaha don't underestimate her powers ;) how many necks and backs did she break leaving Enies Lobby AND was able to help defend Merry from cannon fire. She can also pop eyes and ears out of her phantom arms making her a perfect spy

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think there just hasn't been a need for Robin to fight as much so I'm still waiting for the fight where everyone depends on her. And also just because she has an insane bounty on her head doesn't make her a fighter. Most of that is because she's the sole survivor of the incident at Ohara and then spent the rest of her life running and hiding until she met with the Straw Hat Crew. I think that she definitely has the fighting spirit, but not neccessarily the fighting persona.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

True, and that also doesn't make her less useful though. With her abilities A LOT MORE can be done, but she's yet to be used that seriously.

You guys are so unfair :P

As soon as Franky took her cuffs off on the bridge of hesitation she was whoopin ass too! She and Nami took on wha? A couple hundred marines- DF users in the mix! From the moment she was able she was fighting along side her nakama even after being exposed to sea stone and having her ass beat on by fuckin Spandam the whole time they were trying to get to her.

Maybe Robin's fights are portrayed they way they are because we're supposed to look at her and think scholar not warrior. :idea:

Maybe now I need to make some Robin vids >.<

And for what its worth... I think there's a lil sumthin sumthin between Robin and Franky. Look at how closely their pasts are woven into each other. For years he thought he had to protect the Pluton prints from the WG and the devil Nico Robin cuz they wanted to build it and destroy the world. Then he meets her, destroys the blueprint and saves her. Then its Robin who does the forcing to make Franky join the crew... come on yo she grabbed his balls and in the moment before she squeezed he was enjoyin it X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

haha, indeed Robin is amazing but she's definitely not one to rush into battle like Luffy, Sanji or Zoro. Most of the time i thinks he sees that they can handle so she opts to sit out and observe. She's different in that way from Nami and Usopp who'll run the first chance they get, but if push comes to shove Robin will jump right in with the rest. Really, this approach to a fight matches her upbringing as a scholar and archeologist. Looking at the whole thing, maybe analyzing the enemie's fighting, etc and then when she can/needs to she'll use that knowledge to her advantage. no?

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Both have pretty valid assessments on em women ... *remembers the new OP episode with Nami in the bath~tub and gets a nose bleed*

Robin can do all sorts of combo attacks like launching em comrades to the air or enemies, strangling em, etc. ... she's like the PERFECT long distance attacker. She's a PERFECT spy where she can put her ear inside a room to hear stuff, etc.

Sign in to follow this