Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Video/x-ms-wmv

How do I get these files to play/ view/ download? If I'm able to do either one function too it'll help because I have some study instructional material online and when I click it, it gives me a blank page and the extension I see is this.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Are you using firefox? If so then make sure the windows media player plugin is installed ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7 ) If it is then try re-install windows media player 9 or 10 (whatever the newest one is). That extension your seeing on the web site is for a windows media player stream.

You could also try other players that may support WMP steams like media player classic and I think VLC.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I tried with the media player within Firefox and it still doesn't work. Ok, I'm a lil scared to reinstall Media Player :P! I have CCCP installed too Sledge ...

Thing is, when I click the link it straight away opens up within the same tab/ window and attempts to 'play' the application, rather than saving it. If I could save it, I'd be able to view it off VLC or CCCP or Zoomplayer or whatever that supports the file extension.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

try doing a window update check to see if theirs any newer versions of windows media player and update to them. That may fix the problem.

If you cant reinstall then I don't relay know of anything else you can try.

Make a post on firefox's forum stating the problem your having. I'm sure they will have some things you could try in the about:config .

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^