Sign in to follow this  
Mathias

New Hybrid Car

New Hybrid Car, runs the first 40 miles on battery, 150 miles per gallon, and plugs into standard electrical outlet.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/01/11/hunter.extreme.hybrid.cnn

Nano, the cheapest computer in the world at $2500 is debuted in India.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/2008/01/10/yoon.india.cheap.car.cnn?iref=videosearch

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Yep, the Nano is the cheapest, I read about it last week on it's release by the Indian steel giant - Tata. They're also looking at bidding or buying Rover and Jaguar pretty soon.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yep, the Nano is the cheapest, I read about it last week on it's release by the Indian steel giant - Tata. They're also looking at bidding or buying Rover and Jaguar pretty soon.
Hmm... If I could get a real cheap car I might get off my @$$ & actually do something...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

A $2500 car is a damn good idea. They would sell like mad, nobody would steal them because everyone would have one and replacement parts and service would be cheap as hell. Insurance prices would drop because repair costs are so low and replacing a totaled vehicle wouldn't cost much either. Finding your car in a parking lot would be a bitch tho. And of course everyone will be driving crappy looking pac-man cars. :P

I'd buy one.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

A $2500 car is a damn good idea. They would sell like mad, nobody would steal them because everyone would have one and replacement parts and service would be cheap as hell. Insurance prices would drop because repair costs are so low and replacing a totaled vehicle wouldn't cost much either. Finding your car in a parking lot would be a bitch tho. And of course everyone will be driving crappy looking pac-man cars. :P

I'd buy one.

How much do you think it would cost to pimp one out?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

the hybrid is a step in the right direction, now they just need to eliminate the need to plug it into the grid AND lower the cost so the average Joe can afford it.

Its so fucking stupid greener products cost more then standard polluting crap. How the hell is that any way to change things? It should be the reverse -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's just the basic raw material for those hybrid's which's nasty expensive, much like solar panels. Ofcorpse in time they'll get much cheaper, like solar panels were priced SO high in the early 90s vs now.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

it's the same when anything new is introduced. it's mad expensive at first so that only people wealthy enough can afford them, but eventually the market begins to expand and efforst are made to cheapen production and bring the product to a larger, more affordable market. Computers are a perfect example. Back in the 60's only governments and research institutes could afford one, now you can get one for a couple hundred dollars. Everyone was saying solar panels were way too expensive too, but now they are finding ways to make it cheaper and more efficient. you just need the wealthy people willing to do something about it.

I just got a hybrid car too, btw

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

i got a 2008 toyota prius (daddy works for toyota) and yeah, it's true. BUT the deal was only offered for the first 85,000 hybrid cars, which allow them access to carpool/high-occupancy lanes with with only one person. so um....they gave the last ones out last year.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Sign in to follow this