Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Sunshine anyone?

Just finished watching this sci/fi release from 2007, outta sheer curiousity and it turned out to be decent, better than what I'd expected it to be ...

Mission - to send nukes to the Sun, to save Earth by creating a new star

Problem - well, you'd have to watch the movie for it X'D

Gave me a slight deja vu of <SPOILER IN WHISPER>

Event Horizon

Trailer here;

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sunshine/trailers_player.php?IGNMediaID=1883285&playerType=playlist

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

BUMP

I can't count the number of times I've rewatched this movie ... prolly under 10 though now that I think about it, but twice last month.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ2-xR54UDU]YouTube - Sunshine Trailer[/ame]

Anyone else seen it?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

We finally watched it the other day. Eh... it was ok. :P

Much better than 'Seance' or some of those other movies you've recommended to me tho. XD

The entire mission seems like it was meant to be a suicide mission. But a couple of the crew members freak out.. and what was with that crazy captain guy from the first ship? He was like out of phase or something... After seven years you would think he'd have died of radiation poisoning.

O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Actually it wasn't a suicide mission ^^ ... they had enough of food and air because of the green room, but when the guy forgot to change the angles on the shield n it burnt off the green room, their chances were lessened. According to the original plan, the payload would be pushed into the apt trajectory and they'd escape moving away in the opposite direction in the shadow of the shield.

That dude, was awesome hahaha!!! He could've survived from all the food left on board the ship - their green room was thriving when they got there. His part reminded me of Event Horizonishness XD

Yeah, that guy was a serious wild card. What a freaked out guy too.

O_O Its like he got space dementia and never regained his sanity.

The more I think about their mission, the less it makes sense. You would think a mission like this wouldn't even be manned. They should have just sent the payload to the sun like a targeted missle. NASA and other country's space agencies have successfully sent probes, satellites, rovers, etc. quite accurately huge distances from the earth. So why would they need to send a crew for something as simple as hitting a couple switches and shooting the thing at the sun? :\ Maybe they said it in the movie, but I don't remember? :look:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

]Probably because all computers/machinery at some point or during are run by people and even computers/machines make mistakes or need repairs. Even unmanned satelites/orbs/whatever have to be watched and when they break down in space their pretty much screwed lol.

Edited by Tristan9480