Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Sex With Robots, Chobits is becoming a reality.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/

Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows. "My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience. Levy recently completed his Ph.D. work on the subject of human-robot relationships, covering many of the privileges and practices that generally come with marriage as well as outside of it.

At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said.

The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life.

This notion persists in modern times. Not only has science fiction explored this idea, but 40 years ago, scientists noticed that students at times became unusually attracted to ELIZA, a computer program designed to ask questions and mimic a psychotherapist.

"There's a trend of robots becoming more human-like in appearance and coming more in contact with humans," Levy said. "At first robots were used impersonally, in factories where they helped build automobiles, for instance. Then they were used in offices to deliver mail, or to show visitors around museums, or in homes as vacuum cleaners, such as with the Roomba. Now you have robot toys, like Sony's Aibo robot dog, or Tickle Me Elmos, or digital pets like Tamagotchis."

In his thesis, "Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners," Levy conjectures that robots will become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people will fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them.

"It may sound a little weird, but it isn't," Levy said. "Love and sex with robots are inevitable."...............

Wow this is totally going to kill the prostitute market if made right XD.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

hey babe can i see your I/O ports ^_~

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

yes but do these sex bots shovel snow, clean house and cook meals?

if so sledge may have some competition X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

rofl, all the guy comments are like, so when can I get one, and then the girl comments are, but can it do yard work? rofl.

I have a bad feeling about the future now. Humanity may not progress once these bots are made haha.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

rofl, all the guy comments are like, so when can I get one, and then the girl comments are, but can it do yard work? rofl.

I have a bad feeling about the future now. Humanity may not progress once these bots are made haha.

I just assumed this was enough proof that Futurama is our future...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

hey babe can i see your I/O ports ^_~
X'D ... poor Chii's gonna have some competition eehh >_> *hearing that comment screen turns black and message appears saying "Don't touch me anymore!"* :(

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Why do I actually see you saying this?

....:-|....cause i did say it out loud when i typed it

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Sign in to follow this