Sign in to follow this  
Mathias

Typical morning

Typical morning

Kyle comes into our room and gets his and Alana's milk out of our fridge. He gives her the bottle while he pushes the crib up to the changing table. Alana climbs up to it as Kyle pushes the rocking chair to the changing table. Alana climbs down to the rocking chair and then to the floor. Both show up in our room slurping their milk and saying hi.

They then go downstairs as we slowly drag ourselves out of bed asking each other to check on the kids. Kyle makes steps with his toy buckets against the entertainment center tossing the toys all over the floor. Why do we even bother picking up toys when all I want to do is throw most of them away? He grabs the Incredibles DVD, his favorite at the moment, and places it into the DVD player. He starts up the TV, changing the channel to AV appropriately (channel down once) and pushes play.

If they don't have enough milk, Kyle grabs the milk out of the fridge, two straws, and both slurp away straight from the jug. We scramble downstairs in time for "we demand food now" time as daddy is rushed out the door.

Ah, the joys of parenthood.

New news

Kyle broke his sister's crib today. One of the hooks snapped, so the mattress is on the floor and pillows block the openings. It'll have to do until we can replace the hook or get a toddler bed.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Oh and Mathias forgot to add that Kyle can even change Alana's diaper. He takes her into the bathroom and she takes off the old diaper while Kyle helps her onto the potty. Then he gets a clean diaper and helps her put it on. Sometimes the diaper is on backwards. And of course, Kyle changes his own diaper. Most of the time the old diapers make it into the trash can other times we find them on the floor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like tons of fun and slightly chaotic :P Any toy landmines on the stairs? And dont worry soon enuff you'll be able to donate the vacuume breaking toys to another family (I went thru 2 hoovers cuz of marbles and now I have a windtunnel)

Mike started goin in to get Morgan up when he was 2. I could hear him comin down the hall in his duck boots :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

wow. sounds like a hectic morning. kyle can change his own diaper? and put one of his sister? thats pretty cool. atleast you dont have to get up right away and get the kids all settled and comfortable since they seem to get around by themselves pretty well.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

They can get around, but they are very noisy and make a mess most mornings. So if we don't get up quick enough then we have to take time to clean up too many things. Maybe in a few more years, they will get up on their own and then be quite watching cartoons and not making a mess.

I know... I'm dreaming...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How did kyle manage to break the crib?

Kyle and Alana jumped constantly from one end to another. Eventually, one of the metal hooks holding the springs broke in half like a twig.

those kids are so independent, before you know it they'll be leveling up your characters in your video games for you. :P

Not for lack of trying.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.