Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

I Am Legend

I gotta say this is one of, if not thee best Zombie movie I've seen all year... or ever. It's even better than 30 Days of Night (Although they were Vampires). These Zombies I'd say are almost similar to the ones in the RE4 Game. The major difference being IAL's Zombies only have the instinct to hunt & nothing else.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I really want to see this, but the reviews are pretty mixed from mediocre to poor. I'm a little disappointed with that. Is it true that the CG is less than stellar? That seems to be the biggest gripe. I'm going to go see it anyways, but I was hoping for some mad props from the media.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I really want to see this, but the reviews are pretty mixed from mediocre to poor. I'm a little disappointed with that. Is it true that the CG is less than stellar? That seems to be the biggest gripe. I'm going to go see it anyways, but I was hoping for some mad props from the media.
I'd say the CG is on par with The Mummy, but that's only because the Alpha Male Zombies face reminds me of that.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

There not Zombies it's a Virus that makes the body have the same characteristics as a Vampire (ie. Suck blood, cant go under UV light, only hunt things that have blood, their 4 k9 teeth become enlarged). Although they do act pretty stupid like Zombies lol.

I've read the book and loved it! I've also seen The Omega Man and The Last Man on Earth which where both based off the book and both sucked hard. Id never recommend them to anyone. I have to say, I Am Legend was perfect. They depicted Neville's psychological issues really well. I remember a huge chunk of the book dedicated to just explaining how Neville had issues like any normal everyday person. The whole part with the women manakin in the store was a perfect yet funny example of this. Most people in the theater probably thought it was just Will Smith trying to brink in some comedy to the movie every time he talked to them or his dog, but that really wasn't the case. Although it was extremely funny.

The one thing I didn't like about the movie was the fact that they didnt make it clear enough that the monsters where "Vampire like". In the book Neville shoot's them a number of times only to relies that the bullets don't really help that much but stakes on the other hand do. The monsters also avoid mirrors and crosses but references to that where not in the movie. They did use the garlic spray but I doubt anyone knew that's what Will Smith was dumping on the ground around his house.

The CG wasn't "the best" but I thought it worked out pretty damn nicely. You only really see the Vampire monsters towards the end so it wasn't that big of a deal. I was really excited to see this movie but I thought it might be yet another stupid film that's based off a sick book boy was I totally wrong. The movie was perfect. Even my friend who has not read the book and who's also a die hard movie nut who votes everything below a 5 other then Aliens or predator said he thought it was a solid 8.59 "There really wasn't anything I could pick on the movie about. It was totally worth seeing".

I'd recommend it to anyone. The only thing id suggest is when you go to see it, go when teens aren't around. The theater I went to was packed with 12-15 year olds that where laughing and talking throughout the whole movie. This one part where it was really sad, a few kids up front where laughing. About 4 people started yelling at them to shut up or leave lol.

I give this movie a solid 9/10

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Yeah, I was corrected on that on another forum that they were Vampires. Ever since the RE Games I've been use to the idea that Viruses create Zombie like creatures.

I think I understood the thing with talking to the manikins & the dog when I heard his radio message. To get so lonley you'll talk to anything just for the sake of talking to something.

I also had assumed whatever he was dumping around his house was flammable so the thought that it was Garlic spray never crossed my mind.

If it has violence chances are I might see it. I didn't know there was a book untill now.

Yeah, I was corrected on that on another forum that they were Vampires. Ever since the RE Games I've been use to the idea that Viruses create Zombie like creatures.

I think I understood the thing with talking to the manikins & the dog when I heard his radio message. To get so lonley you'll talk to anything just for the sake of talking to something.

I also had assumed whatever he was dumping around his house was flammable so the thought that it was Garlic spray never crossed my mind.

If it has violence chances are I might see it. I didn't know there was a book untill now.

The book is amazing but like I mentioned above, a good portion of it is long and drawn out. Specifically designed for building up Neville's psychological issues and make him seem more of a normal guy that has issues. Its definitely a good read if you can spare some time.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Watched it last Friday with the release of National Treasure (which sucked by the way), and the movie's pretty decent. One of the best moments in the movie for me was ...

... when the dog saved Smith, and the part where the virus took over ... I was almost tearful :( *sniff*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yeah that was pretty intense. I was spooked when the hell hounds were waiting for the light to disappear. I was like "Run!" That was intense!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Just saw this a couple nights ago, and it was so sad and depressing. The movie itself was okay, but it took forever to really get going, and it never really hit a big climatic end. It did however give you a very realistic view of what it could be like to be the last person in the world alive. Sooo I guess it got it's point across. *shrugs*

The part where he has to kill his dog is so heart wrenching, but what really got me was when he's in the video store and he starts crying and begging the maniquin to say 'hi' to him. It's the real gritty part that fully reminds you of how lonely he truely is, and how he starting to slightly loose it because of it.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

The part where he sees the mannequins standing there while the sun is about to set is creepy too. If he was that lonely to get one to talk to him, imagine how it freaked his head out to see one be where it should not be. I thought it was pretty intense when those hellhound dogs were waiting for the sun to fade. You seem to forget how quick the sun sets. The dog dying was sad. I cried.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I absolutely loved about the first hour of this movie. I didn't think it was slow at all. I thought it was totally necessary to show the audience what day to day life would be like in his situation. But once the big emotional scene passed, I think the movie went down hill. I felt like the movie was trying too hard to cram as much stuff into the last half that it turned into chaos--and not in a good way. I was very disappointed by the ending. But overall, I would say it was a good movie.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

I liked the alternate ending better, myself.

DGsbikMS3Ec

Alternate ending makes it seem like there would've been a sequal...

I'm not saying it was the best movie ever made, but it was good entertainment. It killed a few hours in a positive way, and I thought Will Smith did a darn good job in that role. The part about his dog just about killed me though. :(

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

it was so cute how the daughter gave him the puppy that became is best bud

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I absolutely loved about the first hour of this movie. I didn't think it was slow at all. I thought it was totally necessary to show the audience what day to day life would be like in his situation. But once the big emotional scene passed, I think the movie went down hill. I felt like the movie was trying too hard to cram as much stuff into the last half that it turned into chaos--and not in a good way. I was very disappointed by the ending. But overall, I would say it was a good movie.

I agree. Its ending kinda left me with somewhat empty feeling. The movie could've ended without involving that woman and her child (Seemed unnecessary that they popped out of nowhere, saves Will Smith, and saves the day. The problem I had was they were way better off than Will Smith when they arrived--much more relaxed, well prepared with food supplies and weapons, and have a definite goal to find a promised land--while Will Smith was about to go crazy from fear and loneliness!) Soon as the zombies arrived, they were completely helpless and Will had to save them. My gosh, how in the world did they survive all these time by themselves? Will could have pulled it off all by himself to the end without them, imo, and had a better ending as a result.

Edited by slippers

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

amazing during the day, crappy at night

the effects of the inhuman thingys wasnt that great tbh. looked way to cg,

but the 1/2 about his day to day life was by far v well done

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I agree. Its ending kinda left me with somewhat empty feeling. The movie could've ended without involving that woman and her child (Seemed unnecessary that they popped out of nowhere, saves Will Smith, and saves the day. The problem I had was they were way better off than Will Smith when they arrived--much more relaxed, well prepared with food supplies and weapons, and have a definite goal to find a promised land--while Will Smith was about to go crazy from fear and loneliness!) Soon as the zombies arrived, they were completely helpless and Will had to save them. My gosh, how in the world did they survive all these time by themselves? Will could have pulled it off all by himself to the end without them, imo, and had a better ending as a result.
I think that might have been a great idea.