Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Winter storm pounds Northeast

ALBANY, New York (AP) -- A storm system slid across the Northeast with snow, sleet and freezing rain Sunday, glazing roads and tying up air travel after blacking out thousands of customers in the Midwest.

At least 11 traffic deaths have been blamed on weather-related traffic accidents.

Winter storm warnings were in effect into Monday in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine and into Tuesday in parts of New York state. On the other side of the weather system, warnings were issued for parts of Michigan, where freezing rain and sleet was predicted to turn to all snow late Sunday.

The National Weather Service said a foot of snow was possible in the mountains of northern New England, with the potential for 20 inches in northern Maine. In higher elevations of upstate New York, 13 inches of snow was possible. Lake-effect snow and high winds were forecast for parts of Michigan and western New York.

"It's kind of a mess -- probably the best way to term it in one word," meteorologist Bob Kilpatrick said in Albany.

Three to 6 inches had fallen by Sunday afternoon in central New York state, and parts of New Jersey measured less than 3.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/weather/12/02/winter.weather.ap/index.html#cnnSTCText

we're up to about 15 inches or so in the yard n its still going

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

NYC got it's first snow this afternoon ... well, it's been flurrying since afternoon.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Snow flurrys keep going on and off here in NH but the 30 degree cold and wind does not seem to want to go away :(. I can walk outside and spit and watch it turn to ice in mid air lol.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Build a MAZE! Like the one in The Shining ........ "Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhere's Sledge!"

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this