Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Tinman

started watchin this the other nite. Pretty good and definatly really original. anybody else diggin on it?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yeah, I was thinking about posting something on it. The introductions of the characters seemed kinda rushed and it's kinda cliched in a lot of ways, but it is entertaining. Enough that I'm definatly going to watch the last ep tonight. ^_^;

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I liked it alot! I didn't really care for the "Grey Gale" thing, but I suppose they had to have some kind of homage to the original. But yes, very entertaining. But it almost seemed like it was missing an epilogue or something. eh, maybe I just wanted it to be longer. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i liked it a lot ^_^ i wish i had gotten to see the next 2 parts T_T i was on a train for one and at a concert for another, and my text message never went through to get my mom to tape it =/

the fulls eps are on the scifi site. The quality sucks but its still good if you missed them.

Also their gonna play them all on sunday starting at 5pm.

@Sledg - my friend said there was an interview with the guy that made this mini series. I guess he has plans to make a real series out of it on scifi soon. I'll try and have my friend forward the link to the interview.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

It's not based on any one OZ book. It's kinda an updated type of story that uses the realm of OZ and gives a new look and new idea to the characters. I rather liked it. A bit cliched in many ways, but they did a really good job on the characters and it was most entertaining.

acsig2016.jpg

a series would be cool! I really liked Glitch. he had mean kung fu X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the only problem with a series is that i don't think they'd get Alan Cumming to still be Glitch....he did a great job with that character....

plus, knowing how shows are turning out now, i'd probally end up as some over-hyped drama...*rolls eyes*....

acsig2016.jpg

sci fi usually does okay with stuff. BSG and Eureka are pretty good. Sad Battlestar ends next year :(

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the only problem with a series is that i don't think they'd get Alan Cumming to still be Glitch....he did a great job with that character....

plus, knowing how shows are turning out now, i'd probally end up as some over-hyped drama...*rolls eyes*....

Thats what I thought, I think my friend was a bit confused when he told me that because this movie didn't follow the original book at all lol.

As for a series, as much as id like to see one, I don't tryst scifi. They should stick to what their good at and thats making poorly made animal horror movies with snakes and killer bats.

sig.php

Eurika is pretty good. I also liked Dead Like Me. I do not like BSG. I'm sorry, what I have seen of it is a space soap opera drama and it irritates me. Espically since I'm a fan of the original series.

And as far as I can tell, Tin Man doesn't follow any of the books, but is more like a 'modern' setting of the story. I mean, the elements were there that mirrored the original story, but it has it's own story to it and uses it's own ideas. Ok, it wasn't the best story around (a bit predictable, actually), but it was fun to watch. I actually thought the Queen was Ozma through part of it. XD

My main complaint is the actress that played DG. Why didn't she change expressions? Most of the time, she was walking around like she was in shock or something. I can understand the guy that played Cain not doing much in the expression department. After all, he's playing the guy with no heart, but couldn't she have varied it up a bit? The only time her expression really changed was at the end when she was smiling. I dunno, I just would've liked to see more variety in how she acted.

acsig2016.jpg

My main complaint is the actress that played DG. Why didn't she change expressions? Most of the time, she was walking around like she was in shock or something. I can understand the guy that played Cain not doing much in the expression department. After all, he's playing the guy with no heart, but couldn't she have varied it up a bit? The only time her expression really changed was at the end when she was smiling. I dunno, I just would've liked to see more variety in how she acted.

I agree, I was pissed about that. They had all these super actors and then they had her lol.... 0.0 "your my sister"

sig.php