Sign in to follow this  
Kite

anyone play wow still

It's mostly a question of what character you want linked. I'm mostly pissed at the warrior changes because Fury is no longer fun to play with Death Wish being moved to the Arms tree. Anyways characters below:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Asahi (Warlock, 70)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Ayari (Rogue, 70 (retired))

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Blindsinner (Warrior, 55)

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

bah im too lazy to link mine....they are posted up on my MAL profile page...and yes i have 0 lvl 70 chars after playing the game for around 3 years....:P hard to level after 45 cause it just bores teh crap out of me at that point....probably why i have like 10 lvl 40-50s XD

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i think everyone has a retired rogue.

you not in a raiding guild?

nahh, fury warriors are still fun, just wished flurry wasnt linked to enrage

Eh, my rogue was my second character (first was a Paladin that I ended up deleting) and my main for two years. Once she hit 70 I noticed Rogue's f'in suck in TBC (can't change my mind on that either. After doing TK instances on her I noticed Rogues are really only good for PvP now).

I hate raiding. I can't justify sitting in front of my computer for 4-5 hours a night for a string of code that does nothing for me in the real world. I play mostly for fun and to hang out with friends online. Mostly just level alts or log on for the occasional bit of PvP.

Eh, Fury has no place in PvP anymore because Sweeping Strikes is an extremely situational move (only reason I specced Fury was for Death Wish and Flurry. With Death Wish out of the picture I might as well spec Prot because I hate the Arms tree with a passion). I don't see why everyone bitches about Flurry being linked to Enrage then again I just play my Warrior for fun (My warlock is my main).

I started playing again about a month ago.

Main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Arhiman

Orriginal character (got bored):http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Ulgorth

I also have a night elf hunter but hell if I can remember her name.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

wow is one of those secret things I didn't know jack about.... until I d/l the free trial version to check it out 2 days ago... about the time I vanished from here X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Everybody is addicted to it! It's an epdemic. I heard people have even died from this game because they wouldn't get up from their desks for days...they died from dehydration?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Eh. I've never been a WOW fan. It's a nice game, I have played it, but I still prefer FFXI. It is slower than WOW, but has much better graphics and a better community.

Sadly watching my roommate play it bores the hell out of me (and he's trying to get me to play it. Not my thing, you guys are to party oriented for my liking. I'd rather go out and solo). Quite frankly there really is no difference in the graphics that I can see outside of WoW having a more cartoon look to it.

yeah FFXI moves way to slow for me and as Strider said....we fellow Hikikomoris arent people that like partying much XD

eppyomega.png

Sadly watching my roommate play it bores the hell out of me (and he's trying to get me to play it. Not my thing, you guys are to party oriented for my liking. I'd rather go out and solo). Quite frankly there really is no difference in the graphics that I can see outside of WoW having a more cartoon look to it.

The textures in FFXI look better to me. More realistic. Maybe it's my graphics card, but that's what it looked like to me. Yeah, the having to party to get anywhere can be annoying, but I have a good LS.

Now, in all honesty, if I could afford two MMOs, I would play WOW. I just can't afford two, so I go with the one I like best.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

As one should Dubie, as one should. I've seen all three versions of FFXI (360, PS2 and PC (my roommate has all three versions)) and really it looks no different then WoW (though some of the spell casting animations look a lot nicer then WoW's).

Parties are the devil, hikikomoris no like parties. Like the light they are X'D

LMAO your compairing a lengendary game series with WoW ROFL!! anyways im a fan of both games FFXI does require party to get anywhere in it after lvl 10 i cant compair the visual details of the 2 because they are both made to look diff there both high end imo but in there styles FFXI pwns wow pwns wow is easy as hell to solo btw and there really diff games FFXI is a little stiff but its a FF mmo so it falls along the lines of tradition and all were wow is loose because its an mmo from an RTS so yeah both good games imo i can play them both for days on end without stopping but i like FFXI better =) lvls 35-40 suck ass >< i forget the name of the place soooooooo boring lolol in wow instances suck ass but only way to get geared ~_~

LMAO your compairing a lengendary game series with WoW ROFL!! anyways im a fan of both games FFXI does require party to get anywhere in it after lvl 10 i cant compair the visual details of the 2 because they are both made to look diff there both high end imo but in there styles FFXI pwns wow pwns wow is easy as hell to solo btw and there really diff games FFXI is a little stiff but its a FF mmo so it falls along the lines of tradition and all were wow is loose because its an mmo from an RTS so yeah both good games imo i can play them both for days on end without stopping but i like FFXI better =) lvls 35-40 suck ass >< i forget the name of the place soooooooo boring lolol in wow instances suck ass but only way to get geared ~_~

Ok, yeah, I didn't understand half of that. Seriously. All I got was that you like FFXI more than WOW.

And I do wish FFXI was better for solo play, though apparently some of the newer jobs are eaiser to solo. THF is not though. Dammit. >< But there's so much other stuff to do that I still enjoy it. Plus, a lot of the expansion quests are level capped, which can make it easier. Not easy by any means! (Diablos is a bitch to fight) But from the quests I've seen in WOW, most of them are 'gather large crowds of people to kill said monster', and while there are plenty of those in FFXI, there's a lot better story behind it. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but FFXI seems more story driven then WOW. *shrugs*

acsig2016.jpg

FFXI is more story driven since WoW has not freaking story to back its quests, just lore that they keep constantly rewriting changing past events that took place in Warcraft, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III. The only real reason I could see myself going to FFXI is for the story (was watching my roommate doing Aht Urghan (sp?) missions over the last two days and the storyline was pretty damn interesting). Only thing I wish WoW had.

Apparently Dancers can solo pretty damn easily by what my roommate tells me (I have yet to see it done as he doesn't have Dancer unlocked yet but he's read up on it and asked friends who have lvl 75 dancers).

What you were seeing Dubie was probably raids, which really have no quests to them (sure there are a few but it's mostly just gear running, waste of time imo (you'll never catch me raiding)). You just get 10-25 people together (40 in the old days) and go kill bosses for gear (a lot like your big fights (Kirin (sp?) rings a bell, watched my roommate do a run).

And 56ker I understood nothing of what you just said, bunch of gibberish.

I really enjoy the story behind FFXI myself. Each expansion pack has it's own storyline, but they all kinda fit together, just expanding on the background of the world and different things you see. The latest expansion takes you back in time to the Crystal War, which apparently was what shaped the world that you start out in. Rather interesting, really.

acsig2016.jpg

>_> im just gonna stay outta the rest of this before i get violent what i said makes perfect sense if you have played both games so yeah let me just sum it up world of warcraft = easy as hell, FFXI = easy as hell kk GG

EPPY EDIT = He means it made perfect sense in HIS head XD *hides from him*