DeathscytheX

Beowulf

I got tickets to see a special 3D showing on Tuesday and I can say that it was pretty freakin' awesome. Seeing it without the 3D may make it lose some luster but the film as a whole is really good.

I love the original epic poem and cringed when I saw what they did to Grendel's mother, but surprisingly it worked very well. Of course there is a different spin on the story that actually works and doesn't completely destroy the outline of the original. It takes a God of War (the game) style of following the story. The CG is so fantastic sometimes you forget that its not real.

Anyways I recommend it to fans of the story and anyone thats into a good fantastical action flick. Its not a kids film.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I am seeing it tonight and can't wait. I heard even Angelina Jolie got a bit shy on how real her nude scenes were. LOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I haven't played the game, but I'll watch it as a neutral observer for what the story is and give my report.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I haven't played the game, but I'll watch it as a neutral observer for what the story is and give my report.

Theirs a game, Wow? The movie is based off the classic book. The book is amazing. I hope the movie is as good as the book but I have a feeling it wont be. In either case its still gonna be interesting to see.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

It was a book? I thought the story of Beowulf was based off a poem.

Ya it's originally an English poem but was made into a book later on. I had to read the book in college. It gets extremely confusing at some parts but the story is amazing.

sig.php

It was a book? I thought the story of Beowulf was based off a poem.

Epic Poems are just about as big as a book.

Strider: I was the exact same way with the trailers. They only reason I went to see it is because I love the original text.

OMG! It was awesome! :happy:It was kinda like watching the animation to a Playstation 3 game, but the detail was amazing!

The best part about it is AMC has a deal that if you go any Friday Saturday or Sunday before noon, tickets are $5.00 (Adult admissions). Sweet.:drool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

It might not be off a game, I was just sleepy and assumed it might've been X'D ... so don't go by what I say!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Go back and ask how many of them read the original text...

I haven't seen anyone in this post that said it sucked yet, and everyone I have discussed it with, who also read the epic poem, were pleasantly surprised.

There is only 3 ways you could really think this film was crap.

1. You hated the original story, and for some reason you were stupid enough to go see it anyways.

2. You loved the original story and are ultra-purist, hating the twist they threw into the story.

3. You expected to see a mindless film of blood and guts with no real story with a bunch of large "monstuhs" that have nothing in common with each other and really don't make a whole lot of sense besides the fact that they are there to be killed, however nothing really is accomplished by their deaths.

Like I said, I haven't met a person that hated it yet.

I wouldn't expect any teacher to like it. lol that falls under category 2. Is she an older woman?

I agree, my older English teacher that had us read Lord of the rings, hated the movie.

I haven't seen Beowulf yet since my friend pussed out and wanted to play assassins creed all night :(. I suppose I'll see it this weekend.

sig.php

Oh man I would puss out too to play Assassin's Creed too!:meh:

That games looks bad ass!:drool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru