Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Actors for Goku and Piccolo announced.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39282

20th Century Fox has set Justin Chatwin (The Invisible, War of the Worlds) to play Goku and James Marsters ("Smallville," "Angel," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as the villain Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z.

In the big screen adaptation, Goku is a powerful warrior who protects the Earth from an endless stream of rogues bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects from which the film takes its name.

Actor/writer/director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) is producing. Final Destination helmer James Wong will direct from a script he wrote. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

The story is based on Akira Toriyama's popular manga that has spawned graphic novels, a long-running TV series and more than 25 video games. The Jump Comics division of Tokyo-based Shueisha published the "Dragon Ball" manga.

With shooting scheduled to begin later this month, Fox will bow the sci-fi/adventure worldwide Aug. 15. Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy,Mr. & Mrs. Smith and 300.

0_o Chatwin better start beefing up now...

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

lawl, live action DBZ is finally gonna be made? It's probably gonna suck really bad.

/Sarcasm start

They should have had Will Smith or den play Piccolo, Danny DeVito play Krillin, Arnold Swarchenegger play Goku, and Jake Gyllenhaal play chi chi

/Sarcasm end

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

lawl, live action DBZ is finally gonna be made? It's probably gonna suck really bad.

/Sarcasm start

They should have had Will Smith or den play Piccolo, Danny DeVito play Krillin, Arnold Swarchenegger play Goku, and Jake Gyllenhaal play chi chi

/Sarcasm end

Stevo play Picolo, Mini Me play Krillin, Polly Shore play Goku, & Will Sasso play Chi Chi...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I am so excited! I love Dragon Ball Z!!!! That's if they can match up to the original series..doubtful *shrugs*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I am so excited! I love Dragon Ball Z!!!! I

Fired!

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I stiiiiiiiiiiill wanna watch the Gundam live action and this one's keeping me interested to the beam, for it's awesome awfulness? Maybe.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Everyone is going to bitch about this movie for God knows what reason.

1. Everyone bitches about DBZ in general, so why care about it now?

2. There is no way in HELL the movie was ever going to be good in the first place. The characters will look nothing like they do in the anime, probably won't even be dressed the same.

3. C'mon! You have to go see it, because it IS going to be horrible, cheesy, and make for a lot of good laughs about how bad they screwed up a already screwed up anime. X'D

Don't get yourselves too worked up over nothing peoples. :P

Yeah man WTF. I remember a few months ago Ticket prices went up 2 dollars in 3 weeks.

I luckily know someone that gets us tickets to special showings so I generally don't pay to go to the movies anymore. I know where you are coming from though.

On the bright side they'll probably squeeze the whole Freeza sago into less than 2 hours so five minutes will be 6 minutes instead of a dozens of episode about "5 minutes".

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Fired!

WTF am I getting fired for?

Dragon Ball Z (the original series) is awesome. I don't know about it now since it has been years since I have watched it but Chi Chi was always my favorite. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Actor/writer/director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) is producing. Final Destination helmer James Wong will direct from a script he wrote. Ben Ramsey wrote an earlier draft.

going to be shit, based on their track record

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

If they make the fight scenes like in Kung Fu Hustle, it could be a very entertaining movie. :P

as the villain Piccolo in Dragon Ball Z.

This makes me think this is the beginning of a series of movies if they are starting way back when Piccolo was the main villain.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If they make the fight scenes like in Kung Fu Hustle, it could be a very entertaining movie. :P

This makes me think this is the beginning of a series of movies if they are starting way back when Piccolo was the main villain.

forget kung-fu hustle, if they make it look like anything from the last fight scene in Matrix 3 this is gonna be awesome! :D

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

It actually is, I believe read rumors somewhere that it could possibly be 6 films. 0-o

it will be shit , we know it, they know it, the cast know it.

But it will be massivly succesful, we will all watch it, every one in japan will watch it, every anime fan will watch it. and so on

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

it will be shit , we know it, they know it, the cast know it.

But it will be massivly succesful, we will all watch it, every one in japan will watch it, every anime fan will watch it. and so on

Didn't Japan already have two DBZ live action movies?

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^