Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Oil prices top $98 a barrel, setting new record

NEW YORK - Oil prices stalled in their climb toward $100 a barrel Wednesday after a government report said oil inventories fell less than expected last week while refinery utilization remained flat.Light, sweet crude for December delivery rose 19 cents to $96.89 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, but alternated between gains and losses. Before the report’s release, prices rose as high as $98.62, a new record.

At the pump, meanwhile, the national average price of a gallon of gas rose 1.9 cents overnight to $3.043, according to AAA and the Oil Price Information Service. Prices are up nearly 29 cents since mid-October and are 85 cents higher than a year ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/

This is the kinda shit that pisses me off.

Gas is over $3.11 a gallon here in the north east and I heat with fuel oil. -_-; I better go turn the heat down -_-;

I watched the vid on the rt this mornin on the Today show.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

You heat you house with fuel oil? I have never heard of that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Days like today make me happy I don't own a car... But if I did it would most likely be a hybrid... so maybe I would complain... a little.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

my next car is a hybrid...but still, i'm paying $3.11/gal on a student budget (like $200 a month from my parents) so it's not fun. not fun at all.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

you think with the large amount of oil gained from the war on iraq / afganistan would lower the price, (new source of oil)

but instead the priced keeps going, i bet the oil tycoons each have a new swimminpool in their gardens by the time they finished work

they wont make hydrogen fuels cars because oil companies say hydrogen is to volatile, so i guess that means petrol and other similar oils are perfectly safe

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

America did not confiscate oil during the wars to make gas cheaper at home. We don't get oil any cheaper because of the wars either. If anything, the prices went up to fix the destruction caused by saboteurs. Oil revenues pay for the reconstruction of these two nations. In my opinion, prices continue to rise due to demand, media frenzy, and emotional stock investors.

America is dependent on foreign oil, because we won't drill for our own oil or build new refineries. Renewable sources of energy, hybrid vehicles, and other methods of reducing our dependency on fossil fuels is probably the best long-term solution. Until these methods are more efficient and cost affective enough to replace oil, we are dependent upon oil.

If you think it's bad now, wait until the supply/demand chain gets really out of whack and oil rises above $120/barrel or the Middle-East decides to cut us off. Do we really have enough supply and suppliers to support the withdraw of foreign oil? Scary thought.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

America did not confiscate oil during the wars to make gas cheaper at home. We don't get oil any cheaper because of the wars either. If anything, the prices went up to fix the destruction caused by saboteurs. Oil revenues pay for the reconstruction of these two nations. In my opinion, prices continue to rise due to demand, media frenzy, and emotional stock investors.

Saboteurs have nothing to do with the rise in oil prices. OPEC is solely responsible for any rise and decline in oil prices. They were raising prices before the war and they have yet to stop since. The are purposely cutting supply to get more money per barrel. All of them should be drug out into the street and shot. Sadly, oil probably doesn't pay a dime to reconstruction, it goes straight into the pockets of the rich. The US is paying for the rebuilding of iraq, not OPEC.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

You heat you house with fuel oil? I have never heard of that.

Residential Heating Oil Prices: What Consumers Should Know

i bet the oil tycoons each have a new swimminpool in their gardens by the time they finished work

2006 Exxon Mobil earned $39.5 billion, up from its previous record $36.1 billion in 2005. all profit.

Monday they were before the supreme court over the valdez spill http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2007/10/supreme-court-to-consider-punitive.php

America is dependent on foreign oil, because we won't drill for our own oil or build new refineries. Renewable sources of energy, hybrid vehicles, and other methods of reducing our dependency on fossil fuels is probably the best long-term solution.

building new oil refineries is kinda like building a new barn for a dieing horse. There is no last big well in the us. Tearing apart the tundra isn't going to change anything. In Texas wind farms are catching on quick. They got a lotta lotta space there to catch the wind and make money off of it.

They were raising prices before the war and they have yet to stop since. The are purposely cutting supply to get more money per barrel. All of them should be drug out into the street and shot.

sing it -_-;

We need Gundams that run off of solar power

I couldn't agree with you more :evil:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

We need Gundams that run off of solar power like in Gundam 00, thats all I have to say about this matter.
Wow, I didn't know that ... 've only watched upto 2 ... *self spanks as punishment*. Oil prices have sky rocketted for the worse just as bad as the US economy versus EU, UK, and India.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this