Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Takara Tomy i-SOBOT named smallest humanoid robot in production

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/10/30/takara_tomy_iso_1.html?p=8&cat=undefined#more

i-SOBOT-robot.jpg

The i-SOBOT robot from toymaker Takara Tomy managed to score an honor upon its release — i-SOBOT is the 2008 Guinness Book of World Record's smallest humanoid robot in production, standing at just six and a half inches tall.

Just because it's small doesn't mean the i-SOBOT skimps on being a fun toy, however. It has 200 different phrases to say (our favorite: a hammy monologue while the robot fakes a slow Western-style death) and its 17 servos, coupled with a gyro sensor for stability, enables the i-SOBOT to take on an impressive number of poses. Check out the gallery below for some of our picks. i-SOBOT can be controlled and programmed with a remote, and can recognize 10 different voice commands.

At $350, though, this toy will probably only find itself in the hands of big kids with big wallets. Click through for a snazzy video showcase of the i-SOBOT.

ke6bZxFUz0E

Watch the video! X'D They should make an entire lineup of DBZ action figures based on this robot. Imagine getting the full Ginyu Force team of robot/action figures doing random poses. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

or better yet, seperate 'customizing' kits, where you can make it look like whatever you want.....they'd be removalbe so you can change the look whenever you want.....they could sell the robot for a high price and the customizing kits for fairly cheap, and they'd probally sell more robots that way....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I'll take one in Franky please. It will be Suuuuuuupppeeeeerrrrrr! :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this