Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

I got my "Beauty mark" done today~!

I had my lips pierced a few months back and today I decided I needed my "Beauty mark" or "Marilyn Monroe" done as well.O_O Check it out~!

m_d5c687d8d9c5ca7a4b571a2a39c10367.jpg

m_2d86320d01f07c2a01286c9c6659649c.jpg

m_03c19c93d1a27f02e68d0cfa91d2a048.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Pretty cool ... I could not ever get one because of the paranoia of pain or blood X'D ... but, how do you go about cleaning those piercings? Or do you have to clean it? I have no clue : p

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I was never interested in piercings. Kelene's few ear piercings are all I can handle.

Kelene's sister had a belly ring once. She showed it to us. Later when it got infected. Later when it was yanked out, eww. And throughout the whole healing process. I've never looked at piercings the same since. <shudders>

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Yeah it hurt like a quick pin prick. Like getting a shot. There really was no blood believe it or not.

Getting a piercing infected is what really HURTS.

Keeping face piercings clean can be tricky if you are not aware. You have to wash the outside of the piercing with a cleaner that the piercing shop gives you. And you cannot use Listerine mouth wash because of the alcohol. You have to use a mouth wash like Biotene.

I got my lips infected because I drank (booze) shortly after I had them done. They say it takes a full 6 to 8 weeks to heal your lip rings. That means no kissing (and or touching your lips to any part of anyone elses body) and no alcohol/beer. After 2 weeks I figured I was ok to do these things because my lips appeared to be ok. I fell asleep with out washing my lips with the cleaner even though I washed them prior to me going to bed) after a little kissing the hubby- to -be. I woke up and my bottom lip was HUGE and purple. Not to mention that the holes themselves were full of pus. You take the jewelry out or else the holes will close trapping the infection. Everytime I smiled, talked or flinched the rings in my lips moved and hurt. Kinda like peeling a scab that wasn't healed.

The Moral of the story? Do the research. If you are thinking of a tattoo or piercing, think about that healing time and if you can follow the rules. I had to lug around mouth wash and cleaner everyday to work for 2 months to keep my rings from getting re infected. I had to wash at my 1st and 2nd break, at lunch and then before I went home. My co workers looked at me real funny for awhile. LOL.

I am not saying don't do it, I mean I did and I love my piercings but you do have to take care of them to avoid any painful issues.

So far so good with the beauty mark. No pain, except when I catch the bottom of it against my tooth and it pulls on it. I have to get shorter bars (stud) when there is no longer a chance that the area will swell. Otherwise if the bar (stud) is too short it can squeeze on the area which really hurts too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

i had to clean and rotate my eyebrow ring when i first got it. if it didn't it would get "stuck"....meaning that the hole would already start to close up with the piercing still inside. needless to say it hurt to get the ring free again, but after six weeks it was fine.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

I have seen others with piercings everywhere. And I just have to ask WHY?

I guess it is the same with tattoos, though I think tasteful tattoos are better to look at. My sister has one on her lower back and every time she comes to visit our kids my 3 yr old son always lifts up the back of her shirt to poke at the tattoo (which is clouds and stars).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And Kelene smacks me when I do the same thing. Geesh, go figure.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

i like the beauty mark =3 always though it was interesting piercing. looks good on ya, especially with the snake bites =^_^=

i got my ears pierced in 7th grade? i think... sometime around there. but after 6 weeks i thought all was well and good, so i took the earrings i had in out for one night. well... those holes closed up so i had quite a painful morning when my mom had to push them through the closed hole. not to mention i figured out i had 2 holes in the back of one piercing. (cant blame my mom though. how was she supposed to aim well with a screaming squirming adolescent? ) moral? clean your piercingsssss

ah. and gauging? ya. clean those too. otherwise they smell really bad xP

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Reading about all the piercings and missing hitting those holes, etc. etc. is making me feel ... oooooozy ... *feels weak and lies down on the floor at work, heavy breathing* X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.