Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Sometimes I wonder wtf

as an avid gardener I couldn't wait for spring. unfortunately this year I really should have waited. unseasonably warm temps fooled many into planting tender seedlings early, and then winter came back with a frigin vengeance. I outright lost a few plants, including tubers in the ground... boy was I pissed off ^_^; it went from unseasonably warm to unseasonably cold for a few weeks and in general spring was completely fucked up here in central NY. it was like having 2 Aprils and a skip right to June. between the weather from last fall and this spring I decided to move my seasons back a month, and it looks like I'm rite on.

Here it is Oct 22 and the predicted high temp for today is 80, as in hot as in summer like. if I go with my push the seasons back a month this is 'Spet 22' but even then 80 is still unseasonably warm.

So it's 80 here... but Denver got smacked with 7 inches of snow yesterday... http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14388423/detail.html wtf

I read an article this morning about how the climate change has effected fall foliage http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21417255/ and I have to agree. I have a few key trees I use to gague the fall. My maple by the house still has plenty of green leaves telling me its not quite fall yet, but its frigin October :look: I still have tropical plants thriving outside; again wtf

I think my biggest wtf moment came a couple of yrs ago when poor old Harold Bronson's trailer got lifted by a twister. yes, a tornado in Motville wtf. this area is hill and valley, not exactly tornado alley but the severity of the storms we have been getting just keeps getting worse. I think it was Valentines day we got burried under a couple of feet of snow. Snow removal was a huge issue in this state last winter and went way over budget >.<

I know it aint just me goin wtf.

I encourage everybody to share their unusual weather stories

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's been feeling like the seasons have been adjusted by a month or two. Winter seems to come in late December or early January. Winter lasts quite a bit into the spring months with an extra month of slush where Spring's not sure if it should stick around. We had trees get really wet from the rain and then froze over cracking a quarter of our trees in half.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

OMG its polar tilt!!!! :holyhell:*runs away screaming*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

More snow's MORE than welcome for me X'D, but it would suck if I had to take care of a garden >_>.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I can honestly say that mostly hate snow. Driving in it sux, shoveling and plowing in it sux. The cold of winter sux, heating costs suck. I do like how pretty snow and ice can be. I like that the snow covers all dead and dormant things. I could live without winter but there is no place I'd rather live then here. >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this