Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Wind-whipped fires scorch Southern California

MALIBU, Calif. - Nearly a dozen wildfires driven by powerful Santa Ana winds spread across Southern California on Sunday, killing one person near San Diego, destroying several homes and a church in celebrity-laden Malibu, and forcing an entire community to evacuate. The Malibu fire was among at least 10 blazes that burned more than 35,000 acres, stretching from north of Santa Barbara to San Diego, as hot weather and hurricane-strength winds marked the height of the traditional wildfire season. Late Sunday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency in seven Southern California counties.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21405632/

outta control -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Wow! All of my Hubby-to-be's family is in Ramona which was evacuated yesterday. The highways were so jammed that his parents turned around and stayed home. They said that the fire went around them. One of our friends was outside in his back yard fighting a fire and he refused to leave. I keep trying to call him but he won't answer his phone. I hope he is ok. Last I heard the fire was heading for Magic Mountain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

The intensification of forest fires are our fault. Its a natural process in which forests renews itself. But putting it out before its completed process, the trees grow bigger than they normally would, providing larger sources of fuel. Of course we can't just let the fires rage now, because people live in the area. Its basically the same concept as living in a flood zone, hurricane zone, and rivers breaking breaking man made containment. Its gonna happen. Its just going to get worse and worse until one day they wont be able to stop it and the forest will purify itself finally.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

the ones in malibu started supposedly because of a downed power line due to the high winds (as high as 80mph). Last I heard as many as 500,000 people have been evacuated. That's twice the number I heard on the news this morning.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Smokey the bear X'D, but I'm sure they're working towards putting the fires out ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7057888.stm

actually, so many people are refusing to leave the area that most firefighters are forced to concentrate on rescue efforts instead, leaving little to none left to fight the fires.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Sign in to follow this