Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Toast the earth ala ExxonMobil

the rather entertaining 1 min vid :happy:

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/movie/

I like the Valdez with the band aid on it (they're still running ships w/o a double hull in the Alaskan waters) and rammin right into the poor polar bear.

Front page just bursting with good news. Rex Tillerson gets an award (if it weren't so sad it be funny) and 80$ oil....

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/

When it's time to name names

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/facts/reports_research.html

And to check the facts

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/facts/fact_sheets.html

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The American Enterprise Institute received $240,000 and Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy received $75,000 from ExxonMobile in 2006 to create masterpieces like this... http://www.aconvenientfiction.com/ I watched the trailer and laughed most of the way through it X'D

For real convenient solutions check this out

xfzVQwW_8Jk

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That was a funny jingle! :)

Thought provoking articles. I'm always interested in learning more, especially about methods of making the environment safe while making businesses money. I would like to read further articles on this subject if you come across them.

I apologize if the following section is slightly off topic. If you deem it worthy of a new thread, please move it for me.

Windmills have always been an interesting topic to me. I found the following article in energy [r]evolution while following the links provided.

http://www.energyblueprint.info/449.0.html

Ladywriter, I would really like to hear the pros and cons of windmills based on your research. I don't want to debate the topic, just get more information. Thanks!

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

I'm all for renewable energy, but all government involvement beyond self defence is bad. No tax payer money should be going to any energy resource, good or bad. If the free market were truly free we would have already seen renewable resources a lot more, a lot sooner.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I agree that the government should keep out of the environmental arena, mostly because the government is inefficient and would probably due more harm than good.

However, per my link, many renewable energy projects are not only becoming more affordable, they are now profitable. Businesses may have a hard time getting over the initial investment. Five to ten years after the debt is offset by the renewable energy investment, it could prove worth while. Big milestone to overcome, but the clean technology is coming along pretty well.

Maybe Ladywriter has come across some examples that she'd like to post.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

well, I'm about to watch a movie but here's a few quick things to chew on.

right now green energy works at a small level(its mostly a money issue, as in they aint got none -_-;), a town can use green power for heat/electric which takes a slice away from big fossil companies like Exxon. The more communities that turn to green sources of power the more money big corps lose and the less control they have over everything from politics to consumer spending. The big corps like Exxon Mobil cant stay on top w/o keeping us dependent on their products. Our independence from fossil fuels scares the turds out of them. if America goes green, their years of setting record breaking profits are over unless they change!

the govts need to stop giving tax breaks to polluting companies, they need to tax carbon emissions to pressure the big polluters into cleaning up and finding alternative energy to do business.

turning green opens up the door for the return of the 'mom and pop' shops :) the money can stay in the communities the clean energy is powering instead of ending up as some fat cat's multi million dollar retirement/severance package >.<

running into hang ups dont help matters

DSKEix5ssng

Pp7meduoPKc

fwasgPfsv4I

Dy3PuUDt0mo

and some news fron NYC

QHwt5taRsas

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Taxes & regulations usually hurt small businesses. The companies usually not affected by this are usually getting involved in politics, but they are all crooked businesses. If things though worked the other way around bad business would colapse a lot faster, but then you're left with politicians who want to find new ways to tax things.

As for the return to mom & pop shops this could be quickly solved if you eliminated minimum wage. It would help rebuild Unions & big companies would have to compete for employees. Places like WalMart would have to pay their employees better to compete instead of resting on the law of minimum wage.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

sales tax on a pk of cigs in NY state has put a ton of corner grocery and cigar type shops that have been around for decades out of business

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think the country needs a flat tax program to remove the complexity and abuse of the tax system.

I really like the Cape Wind program. No energy producing program of any kind will not have an environmental impact. The Cape Wind program sounds like it has less environment impact to fossil fuels.

The NYC tidal project was intriguing. There are many underwater currents that produce a lot of energy that could be harnessed, hopefully, with minimal environmental impact.

The only concern with renewable energy that I have thought of is the "Butterfly Affect". A single flutter of a butterfly's wings in China can cause a tornado in Oklahoma. By redirecting the air with windmills and such, are we going to adversely affect the weather systems around the world? What about when renewable energy programs are more widespread? Interesting questions, though I think the impact is still far less than fossil fuels.

Sign in to follow this